+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ian Scott CD/DVD Storage

I'm Rob.

Default Ian Scott CD/DVD Storage

I have a fairly small music room, and storing my music is an issue. After trying a few solutions I've found my favourite to be a dedicated multimedia draw cabinet. They allow me to store a lot of CDs in a small area. I find draws are both an efficient storage medium and provide an excellent view of my CD collection. With the draws closed everything is neatly hidden away - open the draw and each CD is on view.

I tried using cheap draw units, but found that they became impractical as the draws began to fill. I already have a Bisley 4 draw cabinet, but that was filled fairly quick, so I've been looking for another unit. Bisley have stopped making the 4 draw unit so I had to look further afield. Also the space free in my room was in the bay window - so I needed a shorter wide unit, rather than a tall unit (Bisley still make a seven draw unit - but that's too tall for my needs).

After a lot of searching (and dead ends - interesting units that then turned out to be U.S. only), I found a likely unit sold by Ian Scott Office Furniture. It comes in a number of sizes, and the four draw unit's dimensions were just right for the space in my room.

I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and it was delivered on Thursday. I am really really pleased with it.

Ian Scott was a pleasure to deal with. Customising my order was very straightforward (I wanted a white unit - a colour that wasn't on the standard colour chart), and I wanted the separators such that I could store CDs in the top two draws and DVDs in the bottom two. There was also a small issue with my delivery, but Ian was able to sort it very quickly and efficiently - excellent customer service.

The unit is perfect for my needs. It looks great - and the draws open smoothly even when full. One thing that makes this unit better than my Bisley cabinet is that the rear CDs are visible and accessible. In the Bisley, it's difficult to see the last couple of CDs at the back of each draw. Also the Ian Scott unit comes with free separators (they are an expensive addition for the Bisley). The CD ones are only light-weight but do the job. The DVD ones being more substantial.

All in all, I'm thoroughly chuffed with my new storage unit ... and my wife's really please with how much neater my music room is now.
    Last edited by ReggieB; 12-02-2017 at 17:32.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Andrew.

Drawer. Pictures aren't showing dude.

I'm Grant.

showing for me.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Odd. I just get a no entry sign.

I'm Rob.

I've changed the location where the pictures are hosted. Hopefully the output is a little more consistent.
    Rob.