+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cans

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    For some inexplicable reason I jumped off a London bus between stops at the age of seven. My adult front teeth had come through and they went right through my lower lip. Half of the right tooth came away and was part embedded in the tarmac road surface!
    Sounds painful. I remember breaking my fairly newly out front teeth playing a footy match for school team. Got tripped and banged into the post..that was a sore one too, although didnt feel it at time. Had to get both cut down to points like a vampire and then capped. Still got one which isnt bad going.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yes the camera pack lets you use the plug to get to the digital. There are dac amps made for ios. I looked at it for some time and ended up using a chromecast dongle , in my case, powered by a battery, and plugged headphones into the chromecast. Sounded very good i have to say. Or you can take the optical out of chromecast into a dac amp that handles optical toslink. As i do now as i bought a smsl m6 dac amp. Its terrific and sound im getting is fabulous. So good i hardly use my system now. I also pull music off my pc to this so i get radio, pc stuff, spotify etc without getting off my ass.
    I read that the iPod Classic and iPod Nano (the two I have - told you I was a Luddite!) don't support iOS7, and hence don't support digital out.
    Gonna look at a Sony Hi Res Walkman I think...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by M6NTL View Post
    Jeeeeeeeeeez!
    Well, I've been looking into the digital out from my iPod, and I think I'm scuppered. Apparently Apple don't support digital out on the iPod Classic, or the iPod Nano that I have.
    Not sure what to do now - look for a hi-res portable audio player of some sort maybe.
    Thanks for the offer of the LG DAC/Amp, but it looks like it won't work for me...

This just might be what you want if your ipod uses the older long 30 pin plug. http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-Headphone-Amp
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

In that case ignore last post lol.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    In that case ignore last post lol.
    ;-)
    Thanks for your input and help.
    I'm looking at Fiio, and Sony Hi Res Walkman now - what have I started..!!..

I'm Nathan.

You can use the line out into a regular headphone amp with no DAC.

Your iPad will work as a digital source. Most phones will too.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by nthall View Post
    You can use the line out into a regular headphone amp with no DAC.

Your iPad will work as a digital source. Most phones will too.
    Thanks Dude - but I don't think that'll help. I want a better DAC and Amp to improve the quality of what is being fed to the cans. The line out is likely not much (if any) better than the headphone out?
    The iPad will indeed likely have digital out though, but doesn't fit easily in my pocket...

Stay Away From the Guard Rails!

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by M6NTL View Post
    Thanks Dude - but I don't think that'll help. I want a better DAC and Amp to improve the quality of what is being fed to the cans. The line out is likely not much (if any) better than the headphone out?

Stay Away From the Guard Rails!
    The line out is better than plugging the headphone jack into an amp. You're still using the DAC in the iPod that way. It would be a big improvement. Using an external DAC as well would make it even better.

The headphone jack in the iPod isn't designed for the impedance of a good pair of headphones.

I use an old Android phone with a 128 gig SD card plugged into DAC and headphone amp at work.

I'm Mark.

:-)

I'm Lawrence.

If you haven't bought anything yet then wait a minute! Your compression is too high to get decent sound and an insightful pair of cans like these will make it worse. I bought a fiio e12k and preferred the sound of my ipod direct with several cans including planars. Options are, rip the music again at a higher rate, use warmer cans that work on an ipod or get a cheapish tube headphone amp to drive the cans and warm up the digital files.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast