+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simple Chopping Board

I'm Mick.

Default Simple Chopping Board

I know this has been discussed probably many times before but here goes.

I went to Argos to get a marble chopping board for my turntable but a little miffed as they were sold out. Anyway I looked at the bigger bamboo one at £16 and though not my first choice but I bought it.

Well after setting up all I can say is I coupled up with my RDC 2 cones the sound change was very big. I would put it in line with when I hit the sweet spot on my 2m Black cart

I can't believe a piece of wood has made so much difference to the sound presentation. It has made it come out more forward and pronounced if that makes sense. Before this I didn't really rate the cones but they seemed to have added something with the bamboo

Just thought I had to tell someone

Item link if anyone is interested.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/2809467
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Dubster68; 10-02-2017 at 17:13.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Shaun.

Brilliant idea and a bloody bargain as well.

I'm Geoff.

You been bamboozled!

I'm Dave.

I've been a bamboo fan for a while. Cheap, but benefits worth hundreds of squids.

I'm Anto.

What do you actually think is happening??
    I see you have those funny feet under it , is it a sonic thing??
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

If used just after chopping beef, they are bloody good .
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    If used just after chopping beef, they are bloody good .
    yes but don't you find the sound somewhat smeared!

I'm Dave.

You could stick a fancy badge on that and charge £500 for it as a foo tuning device..

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    You could stick a fancy badge on that and charge £500 for it as a foo tuning device..
    If you stick the original marble board on top you can use the word "laminate" in the marketing blurb and charge £999

I'm Mick.

I have just found myself a new mat in Bamboo to match
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast