+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm getting a Krell!

I'm Russell.

Default I'm getting a Krell!

Bought it used on EBay one week ago, supposed to arrive tomorrow! I'll have to recruit some help to more it into position. As it weighs 130 pounds! 300 watts at 8 ohms of pure Class A! A true monster. Something I've wanted all my life, and now they are finally old enough that I could afford one used.

I've had a pair of Legacy Focus 20/20's for about 4 years now. And my present amplification just ain't cutting it. Oh they sound nice enough I guess, but I know they could sound so much better. I drove them with a Forte' model 3 all this time, lacking bass terribly. So, I added a Crown XLS 2000, cheap band amp I had laying around to drove the bottom half. Big pair of 12 inch woofers in each cabinet, with a radiator on the rear? Or a third woofer? Not sure. But, it did flesh out the bass, but left the mids a bit recessed.

I have pondered for well over a year, perhaps I should sell these monster speakers and buy something easier to drive? I'm sure I could have moved to some Martin Logans and been very happy. But, somehow I just could not let go of these big speakers ( 5 feet tall and 200 pounds each) without finding out what they could do. So I scrimped and saved for over a year to buy this used Krell, having the money twice and something popping up to take the money twice, I finally followed through.

To say that I am excited is an understatement! I had to change the ends on my Legacy speaker cables, and buy a 20 amp power cord to accommodate the beast. On EBay is a store called Ice Age Audio, he makes some nice cables at affordable prices. UK plugs as well. So I've got my work cut out for me, to get this heavy weight settled into my system and do some serious listening to see if it's the answer to my dreams or not. Could it be the last amp I'll ever own? One could hope.

Russell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Well done Russell.

130lb - definitely a two man job!
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Nice. A massive amp driving massive speakers. Do you get on well with your neighbours and are they strapped?

I'm Grant.

A BIG boy then... Hope when its found its home, then you dont have to move it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Nice score, well done
    Regards Neil

I'm Russell.

I live on 5 acres in a rural neighborhood, so neighbors aren't an issue, agk, but my elderly parents live in another house on the same property, so they I do have to worry about. A while back a friend and I were having a few drinks and about 3am my Mom called me to say, "Turn that Shiite off!", other than that, I've had no complaints.

I'm Andrew.

That's you sorted then Russell. I look forward to seeing this in your gallery thread alongside those behemoth speakers.

I'm Rich.

Partytime at your gaff this weekend then.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Geoff.

Now that you've sorted out your cabling for the Krell perhaps you should investigate this site too:

http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/?gcl...xDwaAhep8P8HAQ

Geoff

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Now that you've sorted out your cabling for the Krell perhaps you should investigate this site too:

http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/?gcl...xDwaAhep8P8HAQ

Geoff
    Thanks Geoff, point taken! But I'm disabled and can't lift over 20lbs! So, I've enlisted friends to do my lifting for me! I'll buy the beer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast