+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I'm getting a Krell!

I'm gone.

Absolutely - there's going to be a lot of electronics attached to that heatsink!

I'm Russell.

I was an electronic tech and computer genius in another life, way back when. I'm sure I could manage swapping the heat sinks, or replacing it if Krell could sell me one.

As you may imagine, when I first opened the box and saw the bent fin, I was quite dismayed. But as time passes, and the more I listen to the amp, the more I am enjoying it and the less I care about the fin. I would like to see it fixed one day perhaps? Just to maintain the value of the piece, so as long as I get it repaired before I die, I'll be happy. And if not, my son in law can fix it after I'm gone! It really is a magical amp and I am blown away at how it sucks me in, I've played it every waking moment since I hooked it up! The largest single improvement I've ever heard in my system.

I wrote about 6 months ago, that I was loosing my interest in stereo. That I just didn't feel compelled to listen like I was to my previous system, that cost far less than this one. And that i thought it was just me, low testosterone or something? Just loosing my passion for stereo. But now I know it wasn't just me! My passion for good stereo is reborn! Who would think that a single piece of gear could have such a profound effect on my life?

And as always, I hesitated and questioned whether I should part with the money, was it worth spending that kind of cash on an amp? But the money is long forgotten and my love of music is renewed and I wonder why I didn't do this 10 years ago! I have found that true for almost every dime I've spent on stereo, I was the same way when I bought my Scout turntable. A huge jump from my Pro-ject Debut I had before, could it possibly be that much better? I've wanted a real high end table all my life! Well, since I was 13 I guess? And now that I've got one, I could kick myself for waiting so long. So I guess my point is, I have no regrets for spending any of the money I've got in my system, nothing I have ever bought has brought me as much happiness.

A gentleman I used to work with freaked out when I told him how much I had in my stereo. "No stereo is worth that much!", so I asked him how much money did he have in that sport boat in his yard? And then I asked him, how often do you use that boat? Turns out about 15 times a year. So I told him, I use my stereo every single day! Hardly a day goes by that I do not thoroughly enjoy it! My life is better, enriched by good music, any time I want. A point he could not argue with. If there is a piece of kit that you are lusting over, buy it! Life is too short to wait for it.

Thanks for letting me ramble, and get off topic, feeling a bit philosophical today I guess?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Great Russell. Always heatwarming that someone is estatic about their new toy. Makes your life better its worth it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Yay - A mega ramble supreme.

I felt the same way when I got my OTT speakers.

These special things are worth it.

I'm Martin.

If you're going to get the use and enjoyment out of something it's always worth spending the money. Money is no use to you sat in the bank.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm tony.

I have always lusted after Krell and Mark Levinson amps.

This thread really has got me thinking. I listen to music most days and derive massive pleasure from it....well done Russell- a really inspiring thread!!!!

Wonder if Krell plays nice with 57s!!!!

I'm Russell.

Default I'm getting a Krell!

I do feel like the money is safe in the gear. This amp has probably depreciated nearly all its going to, (if I can fix the fin) so, I could have spent the money on a gold brick, and stashed it in a safe. But now I get to enjoy the money! And when I pass my daughter can sell the amp and get the money back! If my son in law would let her?

I'm Neil.

Wondering if a new thread might be a good idea, your listening experiences/feelings now you have it - you could call it 'I got me a Krell'
    Regards Neil

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Wondering if a new thread might be a good idea, your listening experiences/feelings now you have it - you could call it 'I got me a Krell'
    Great idea! I have such a hard time navigating this forum, using Tapatalk doesn't give me any descriptions or Instructions, but I guess I can wing it, like I did here.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If you're going to get the use and enjoyment out of something it's always worth spending the money. Money is no use to you sat in the bank.
    Especially now! With interest rates being microscopic! A woman at the bank tried to get me to open a savings account that paid 0.0065% interest?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast