+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for an alternative to a Numerik

I'm Mike.

Default Looking for an alternative to a Numerik

Hello everyone,

I've just joined and as I explained in my "hello", have an old Linn Karik which I'm hoping can be improved upon with the addition of a DAC. Being a Linn groupie I initially thought about a Numerik but then thought that the technology has probably moved on over the last 10+ years? A quick Google brought the Beresford DAC to my notice and I'm very tempted.

Any comments / suggestions / alternatives please?

Ta

Quote Originally Posted by perlogalism View Post
    Hello everyone,

I've just joined and as I explained in my "hello", have an old Linn Karik which I'm hoping can be improved upon with the addition of a DAC. Being a Linn groupie I initially thought about a Numerik but then thought that the technology has probably moved on over the last 10+ years? A quick Google brought the Beresford DAC to my notice and I'm very tempted.
    Oddly enough, one of the 1st amps that I used to develop and audition the TC-7510 DAC was a Karik. And for quite some time I had loads of Linn and Naim owners who hooked up a DAC of mine to their system.
    If you love a more timing accurate analogue sound instead of a clinical digital one, and also like an open soundstage, the Caiman SEG is worth a try in your system.

I'm Mike.

Thanks Stanley, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear. I understand you offer a discount to AoS members? Can you pm me with details please?
    Cheers,
    Mike

I'm richard.

.... I'd like to know that too please Stan.

cheers, richard

PM sent. But there might be a delay for a few days before I can ship some of the potential orders. For some reason I have had quite a couple of orders of the SEG this week. Fresh stock arriving on the 14th though.

I'm richard.

can you please resend Stan; don't seem to have a PM

+ Reply to Thread