+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi all sound entousiasts!

I'm Jogchum.

Default Hi all sound entousiasts!

To be honest, I've been off the hifi stage for quite some time, due to time restraints and a new kid on our block, leaving no room for my speakers and hence other good stuff.

But we moved, and I'm near retiring, so there is room for a restart.First thing, we'll build a room above our garage, which will be my study- and listening room.

My system consists of a Thorens 128 Mk III turntable, with SME 3009 Mk III arm and Grado element; Johan Ketelaar pre-amp and Phase Linear 400 model two main amp. A TEAC VRDS-10 reads my CD's, and a pair of Rogers Monitor transmission lines (home build, from REMO in Voorburg) move the air molecules.

Though I do have some pop music (rather outdated, Focus, Soft Machine, Yes, Pink Floyd etc.) and a little jazz, my main interest lies in classical music. Piano, vocal, brass, organ, but also other work from Bach to Rachmaninov

At the moment I'm fiddling on the other end of the hifi-spectrum, trying to get a decent sound off a Raspberry PI3 with a DAC connected to it. My first real question will be about that...

I'm Chris.

Hi Jogchum
    Welcome to the forum. you have a really nice combination of equipment there.
    There are many interesting areas on the forum, so check them all out.

Interesting times for you with setting up a new room. ( often called a man cave here )

Cheers / Chris

I'm Geoff.

Hello Jogchum. Welcome to AOS.

You have an interesting selection of Hi-Fi gear.

I'm sure somebody can give you advice on the Raspbery Pi. Try starting a thread in the Digital Expressions section and asking your questions.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Hi Jogchum; hope you enjoy the forum... I liked Focus too...great band
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS Jogchum. Nothing outdated in Focus, seen them live three times fairly recently and they are still very relevant today.
    Regards Neil

I'm Russell.

Hello Jogchum, so nice to be able to build your listening space! Over the garage should be quite roomy? And a Phase Linear 400! Now that takes me back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Jogchum,

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread