+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Likes Aircraft?

I'm Shane.

Lovely, especially the Mosquito, but for me the pinnacle came 29 years later when Concorde 001 took to the air for the first time. I always knew she was clever, but I didn't really understand what an extraordinary achievement she was until I found what must be the best thread about anything on any forum anywhere. It's now reached a hundred pages, and contributors include flight deck and cabin crew, maintenance engineers and some of the guys who designed and developed her. There's a lot of intricate technical detail, but it's worth persevering to get a real insight into one of the greatest engineering achievements ever. And I it all starts with an obscure technical question from a geek like me. If you're a geek like me, be prepared to be immersed for the next six hours or so!

http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/42398...-question.html
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Geoff.

Living only a couple of miles from Heathrow and often under the take off path (depending runway used), I used to see Concorde all the time. Noisy, but not as noisy as the VC10 was.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Geoff.

Reno Air Races. Grumman Bearcat 'Rare Bear' qualifying laps. This thing is just beautiful and very fast. Turn the wick up, it sounds awesome! The fast bit is the second half of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CQLpByAbns

Rare Bear has held the piston engined aircraft world speed record for many years, at 528 mph!
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm GettingFunky.

Kevin

Funkified Technics SL1200 Mk2 (Funk FX-1200+, Techne-Audio modified DL-103/AT33PTG/II/, Funk Firm "Strata" platter, "Spin" bearing and BO!NG Isolation feet, MCRU/LDA PSU).
    Pioneer PD-S703.
    Battery powered Beresford Caiman II.
    Firebottle KIN fitted with NOS Telefunken Valves.
    Firebottle Monoblocks fitted with NOS Telefunken Valves.
    Electric Beach FH3 with Taket BatPure super tweeters.
    Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone amp.
    Sennheiser HD540 Reference II & HD650.
    DIY Klotz MC5000/MS Audio interconnects.
    Talk cable 3 speaker cable.
    Neotech hybrid mains cables from MCRU
    Power Inspired AG1500

I'm Shane.

Shane Lonergan........UB1 Birth.

I'm Ian.

This was always one of my favourites, spent many happy hours together.

[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry, couldn't resist.....
    My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/Musical Fidelity X DAC/Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Musical Fidelity A3, Nakamichi CA-5E pre amp, Acoustic Solutions FM/DAB tuner, Mordaunt Short Signifer, Klotz MC5000/MS audio, NVA LS5

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    This was always one of my favourites, spent many happy hours together.

[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry, couldn't resist.....
    Hmm.

Mr. Tact!

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Naa...

I have hifi 'n stuff.

I'm Geoff.

The real thing is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsVAO_U78Qg

The French hardly need the Typhoon Eurofighter when they have THIS!
    Mr. Tact!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Reno Air Races. Grumman Bearcat 'Rare Bear' qualifying laps. This thing is just beautiful and very fast. Turn the wick up, it sounds awesome! The fast bit is the second half of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CQLpByAbns

Rare Bear has held the piston engined aircraft world speed record for many years, at 528 mph!
    That is one stonkingly big prop on that plane, amazing.
    Firebottle - for the no bottleneck approach.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast