+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Parsons Project.

I'm Steve.

Thumbs up Alan Parsons Project.

Bloody hell. Just how great were The Alan Parsons Project albums. Been listening to them for forty years and still overwhelmed by them. The power of music eh?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Bloody hell. Just how great were The Alan Parsons Project albums. Been listening to them for forty years and still overwhelmed by them. The power of music eh?
    Still ongoing eh? Let's hope Alan Parsons is not appointed to run the HS2 Project!

I'm Neil.

I like some of their albums and a few of the newer ones, which are more melodic rock/AOR than the earlier more prog music.
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I used to quite like "The Eye in the Sky", but now it sounds very dated and contrived. Parsons certainly milked the fame he earnt on DSOTM for all it was worth IMO.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

I have to disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I used to quite like "The Eye in the Sky", but now it sounds very dated and contrived. Parsons certainly milked the fame he earnt on DSOTM for all it was worth IMO.

I'm Nodrog.

Alan Parsons suffered the fate of many that hadn't been played regularly and got flogged orf!! I have kept just three tracks on the Mac. Eye in the sky, Two of a Kind and Old and Wise. If I had to choose one it would be Old and Wise.

So like Barry, it doesn't seem to me to have worn that well but each to their own.

I'm Steve.

One mans meat is another man's poison i suppose? I feel the same way about the Beatles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    Alan Parsons suffered the fate of many that hadn't been played regularly and got flogged orf!! I have kept just three tracks on the Mac. Eye in the sky, Two of a Kind and Old and Wise. If I had to choose one it would be Old and Wise.

So like Barry, it doesn't seem to me to have worn that well but each to their own.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The first in original remastered mix form is still a masterpiece to me and I think all the albums as a whole have really great songs on them for those who listen to the lyrics, many of which still resonate I don't know why, but this one song came straight into my head - apologies for boring you with some of the lyrics below

(One more mile, one more road, one last bridge, one less load)

Well I sympathize completely but there's nothing I can do
    I am just obeying orders, I'm a simple soul like you
    Well you really are persuasive, but I've heard it all before
    And the boatman's getting restless as he stands upon the shore
    And you can't take it with you
    No matter what you do
    No you can't take it with you
    Not the place you're going to
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Paul.

Got a few of their Albums but must admit to playing their greatest Hits album more than the individual ones nowadays, although for me that can be said about a lot of artists now as well as there are a lot of filler tracks on albums now.
    Current setup Thorens TD-160 Mk1 with Denon DL-110 MC Cartridge, Pioneer PD-8700 CD Player, Yamaha AX-592 Amp, Yamaha CDX-810 CD Player, Yamaha KX-480 Cassette Deck, Yamaha TX-492RDS Tuner, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers, Van-Damme Cables throughout.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    The first in original remastered mix form is still a masterpiece to me and I think all the albums as a whole have really great songs on them for those who listen to the lyrics, many of which still resonate I don't know why, but this one song came straight into my head - apologies for boring you with some of the lyrics below

(One more mile, one more road, one last bridge, one less load)

Well I sympathize completely but there's nothing I can do
    I am just obeying orders, I'm a simple soul like you
    Well you really are persuasive, but I've heard it all before
    And the boatman's getting restless as he stands upon the shore
    And you can't take it with you
    No matter what you do
    No you can't take it with you
    Not the place you're going to
    You can't take it with you is the name of the song. It's from Pyramid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast