+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cordless long reach hedge trimmer

I'm Dave.

Default Cordless long reach hedge trimmer

I've got lots of hedges - low ones, high ones, prickly ones, deep ones, long ones - well you get the idea. I need a lightweight, long reach(pole) hedge trimmer.

Last year I bought a petrol driven machine, which is very effective but it is bloody heavy and I can't manage it for longer than a minute or two without fatigue. So I took a look at battery powered machines and bought, on Which's recommendation, a G-Tech pole trimmer. Now, this lovely and light, just less than 2 Kg but is not very powerful and struggled with anything more than a few mm diameter. On most of my hedges, it would be useless.

I am now on the hunt again for a more powerful, lightweight, battery powered, pole, hedge trimmer. I have done some Googling but not come up with anything except a Stihl, which is ideal but very expensive at around £450 with battery and charger. I have other Stihl machinery which is very good but I didn't want to pay that much.

Looking for recommendations or advice lads.

I'm Grant.

Half metre blade and 36v battery..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Home-Kitc...+hedge+trimmer

If its too heavy there 18v ones are good too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Grant, thanks for that.

I do, already, have one of those and it is excellent for all the easy to reach parts. Only takes an hour or so to charge completely, runs for 45 minutes and is relatively powerful but doesn't have a long reach. A lot of my hedging is deep and with my arms extended, can't reach the deepest part. Height is not so important as I can use steps, it's the impossible to stretch those far parts I need a pole trimmer for.

I'm Dave.

Well, after some deliberation, I bought a Ryobi, battery powered, pole, hedge trimmer. I did a lot of Googling and really had to read between the lines, because the vast majority are mains powered or petrol driven - very few are battery powered.

The Ryobi is £115 but in a different league to the G-Tech, which was very feeble. The Ryobi powers through wood up to 18mm diameter where the G-Tech struggled at 6mm. Only little snag is that the Ryobi battery and charger are extra at £70. Nowhere on the Homebase or Ryobi website does it say you have to buy the battery separately, cause it won't work without. I bought the Ryobi only to find, at home, there is no battery. Apart from that I am very pleased.

+ Reply to Thread