+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New radial- is it worth it?

I'm James.

Decided to fit a spur to another double socket which was accomplished at the weekend . A lot of huffing and puffing trying to get three mains cables in one double socket!

Whilst I was at it I noticed that the earth cables were almost black with oxidation but the live and neutral still nice and shiny, not sure why this would be? So outcame the magic fibre glass pen (thanks again Marco) and it was polished up shiny and new. I am not sure about audio but I know from other electrical systems poor earth leads can make a huge difference.

Double silver plated socket now hooked up and with another 4mm power cable with furutech connectors to the Croft monos had a nice source of juice. With all these small but worthwhile adjustments to my power supply and power amps sonic improvements have been gained. Now it would be interesting to know which bit made the biggest difference. If it was cleaning the earth cables this was definitely the cheapest bit!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

Any upgrade and/or improvement to the mains is generally worthwhile particularly to the earthing.
    But beware IEE Regs which seem to alter each year.
    I go round the house with wire wool and clean and deoxit earth bonding points and retighten or replace.
    Cheap and sounds OK after
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Ralph.

Those earth conductors may be oxidised because unlike the live and neutral conductors they don't pass any current unless there is a fault condition.
    Ralph.

I'm tony.

A BMU or Power regenerator can both make noticeable improvements-well worth the investment IMHO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12