+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: FS/Swap: Audio note p1se signature

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Mark just a thought but I am sure AN could supply you with some suitable boxes for the amp, it may cost a bit but probably worth it if you can then ship it

When I owned a pair of Stirling Broadcast LS3/5a's I lost the boxes in a move so I ordered new double boxes direct from Stirling, exactly the same as Stirling use to ship their speakers worldwide, so I could then ship the speakers, it did cost me about £40 but well worth it to guarantee the item arrives in perfect condition, which they did
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Adrian.

[QUOTE=Sixty2;914936]
    Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    If you have the original packaging and it was good enough for audio note to ship around the world I cant see your point.

It's true that I crap it when I'm having something shipped to me here in Spain but as long as the original packaging is used it's usually not a problem.[/QUOT

The point is that I picked this up from the AN factory so it is NOT double boxed. Is that good enough?
    You can always get in touch wth PQ at audio note and get the packaging. And why the attitude? I'm only trying to help you sell it - my intentions are well meaning.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Mark.

Last edited by Sixty2; 20-11-2017 at 22:57.

I'm Adrian.

Yes. I was merely trying to offer a possible solution to a great amp that's been for sale for almost a year. But I'll bow out and wish the seller the best of luck.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty2 View Post
    Not too sure what folks are missing. From the OP, it clearly says that it’s collection only. Over and out!
    I think we are just trying to help you sell the amp Mark and I know from experience that if you are prepared to ship you open up a whole lot of people to sell to
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Martin.

[QUOTE=Sixty2;914936]
    Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    If you have the original packaging and it was good enough for audio note to ship around the world I cant see your point.

It's true that I crap it when I'm having something shipped to me here in Spain but as long as the original packaging is used it's usually not a problem.[/QUOT

The point is that I picked this up from the AN factory so it is NOT double boxed. Is that good enough?
    I am not taking a swipe at Sixty2 but the moral of this storey is always get/keep original packaging i....it saves hassle.

I was talking to a Rep the other day on this subject....he had found that some couriers are now refusing to cough up for damage unless in original packing Take heed Guys
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Mark.

Last edited by Sixty2; 20-11-2017 at 22:56.

I'm Mark.

Last edited by Sixty2; 20-11-2017 at 22:55.

I'm Steven.

You could spend 2018 doing a few hundred more posts or walk round Harrogate with it on a Saturday afternoon in case someone wants it.

As suggested months ago, speak to Pharos. I have send valve amps, large speakers, all sorts of stuff to Europe and the USA, no hassles. And if the plane crashes into the Atlantic it will be insured. They will tell you how to pack it.

So will I. It does not have to be double boxed, just in a box made of double thick card. Put it in a bin liner. The packing has to be at least 2 inches on all sides. You could get the box and polystyrene from a local store, probably for free, or for £5 I'm sure J Rolph & Son will give you some foam off-cuts. Lots of brown packing tape and fragile stickers from the post office.

I sold my Art Audio valve monoblocks for 40% of a discounted retail price, about one third list price (if there is such a thing for these made to order units). They were newly rebuilt, like new. Low powered valve amps are just hard to shift. Just saying.

To give you an idea, Emporium have a mint Border Patrol 300B for £2.5k, they are about £8.5k new. On top of which, a clean P1SE has been listed recently for CHF1,500 which is £1,150.
    Last edited by SLS; 20-11-2017 at 21:09.
    Wilson, Luxman, Innuos, Holo May, Puritan, Garrard

I'm Mark.

Last edited by Sixty2; 20-11-2017 at 22:56.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast