+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visit to mikriks

I'm steven.

Default Visit to mikriks

I went to mikriks gaff recently to catch up and listen to some tunes on his kit .Mik has some interesting kit at the mo.He has a Prometheus tvc as a volume control running into a Yaquin ms12b pre amp with a built in phono going into a radford sta15 mk3 power amp.He's using a pioneer direct drive deck model escapes me Mick's also using a vintage pioneer er420 receiver and all those loverly tunes come out through his apogee centaur speakers these are ribbon speakers with high sensitivity and 6 ohm impedance in his sweet spot they are sublime.He has his listening chair facing away from the speakers and this works really well.Here are some pics to drool over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm mick.

Hi Steve-pleased I tidied up before you came over, these photo's will get me shot if the better half sees them.[just happens that corner is out bounds to everybody inc the hoover].Joking apart enjoyed the afternoon.Only trouble is too much talking goes on ,hard to do any listening.You are always welcome,will even get the biscuits out next time Mick
    mickasabrick

I'm steven.

Always good crack Mick bringing a friend next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm steven.

Default Miks gaff

Only joking Mick seriously you've got a very listenable sound there mate about time you got the passport out and came up north

I'm mick.

G-almighty -thought that was Trumps ugly sister ,was going to ask for early warning so I got a good head start,daren't ask what the gloves are for!.Jest apart,my t/t is a Pioneer pl-630 with a Technics 207c mm[soon to be replaced] feeding into the Yaqin ms-12b used as a phono stage Volume pot set to max effectively removing it from the signal path ,the o/p is then fed to the tvc which is better than the stock vol pot on the yaqin.
    mickasabrick

I'm steven.

Default Miks gaff

Yeah Mick the volume pots on the tvc are miles better than those Chinese yaquin the chinese tend to do volume on or volume off not much attenuation

I'm steven.

Default Miks gaff

The gloves are only needed if you have constipation

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky View Post
    Yeah Mick the volume pots on the tvc are miles better than those Chinese yaquin the chinese tend to do volume on or volume off not much attenuation
    Can't see any benefit in having a TVC and volume pot in the signal path.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm mick.

Yaqin is basically used as a phono stage,as its vol control is set to max it is effectively out of the signal path therefore the tvc is used for vol .May or may not be ideal but is temporary and it works. Mick
    mickasabrick

I'm Grant.

Didnt know the Yaqin had a volume. is it a adapted one Mick
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.7- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - TANDBERG TCD310 CASS - CARTS.. ACD xlm mk1 integra, AT95SA Shibata, SHURE N55 SAS, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast