+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visit to mikriks

I'm steven.

Default Visit to mikriks

I went to mikriks gaff recently to catch up and listen to some tunes on his kit .Mik has some interesting kit at the mo.He has a Prometheus tvc as a volume control running into a Yaquin ms12b pre amp with a built in phono going into a radford sta15 mk3 power amp.He's using a pioneer direct drive deck model escapes me Mick's also using a vintage pioneer er420 receiver and all those loverly tunes come out through his apogee centaur speakers these are ribbon speakers with high sensitivity and 6 ohm impedance in his sweet spot they are sublime.He has his listening chair facing away from the speakers and this works really well.Here are some pics to drool over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm mick.

Hi Steve-pleased I tidied up before you came over, these photo's will get me shot if the better half sees them.[just happens that corner is out bounds to everybody inc the hoover].Joking apart enjoyed the afternoon.Only trouble is too much talking goes on ,hard to do any listening.You are always welcome,will even get the biscuits out next time Mick
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm steven.

Always good crack Mick bringing a friend next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm steven.

Default Miks gaff

Only joking Mick seriously you've got a very listenable sound there mate about time you got the passport out and came up north

I'm mick.

G-almighty -thought that was Trumps ugly sister ,was going to ask for early warning so I got a good head start,daren't ask what the gloves are for!.Jest apart,my t/t is a Pioneer pl-630 with a Technics 207c mm[soon to be replaced] feeding into the Yaqin ms-12b used as a phono stage Volume pot set to max effectively removing it from the signal path ,the o/p is then fed to the tvc which is better than the stock vol pot on the yaqin.
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm steven.

Default Miks gaff

Yeah Mick the volume pots on the tvc are miles better than those Chinese yaquin the chinese tend to do volume on or volume off not much attenuation

I'm steven.

Default Miks gaff

The gloves are only needed if you have constipation

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky View Post
    Yeah Mick the volume pots on the tvc are miles better than those Chinese yaquin the chinese tend to do volume on or volume off not much attenuation
    Can't see any benefit in having a TVC and volume pot in the signal path.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm mick.

Yaqin is basically used as a phono stage,as its vol control is set to max it is effectively out of the signal path therefore the tvc is used for vol .May or may not be ideal but is temporary and it works. Mick

I'm Grant.

Didnt know the Yaqin had a volume. is it a adapted one Mick
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast