+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkless 640P MC/MM phono loan list

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by opt817 View Post
    Hello,
    I'm from Slovenia. Can you add me to the list too?
    Although, as I said earlier, I cannot be sending the loan unit abroad, I will sell them unheard to EU countries. In the first wave of popularity of this unit, on another bigger forum, around 10 or so people bought these without hearing them and all were over the moon with the results. There were also a surprising amount who bought a brand new 640P or 651P from Richer Sounds and had it delivered directly to me for conversion!
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Andrew.

Now posted onto the next lucky trialist.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Gary.

Jez,

Your inbox is full

I'm Jez.

Should be ok now

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Jez.

Just to erm clarify the whole trying out the demo unit process.... Please keep the unit for no more than a week tops, preferably less. I do expect all those trying it to post a quick write up on it, although it's obviously not mandatory And finally, when posting it on please use a tracked, signed for courier service rather than the cheapest available.. it needs to actually get to the next on the list

Thanks,
    Jez.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Just to erm clarify the whole trying out the demo unit process.... Please keep the unit for no more than a week tops, preferably less. I do expect all those trying it to post a quick write up on it, although it's obviously not mandatory And finally, when posting it on please use a tracked, signed for courier service rather than the cheapest available.. it needs to actually get to the next on the list

Thanks,
    Jez.
    I got a note saying it was nearly time to post on after in reality one day, after waiting 2 weeks.

Not enough time to assess in any way that would be definitive or accurate.

I appreciate the need to pass on in a timely manner.

I'm Jez.

Gary received the unit on Saturday and was contacted this afternoon by PM to ask how he was getting on with it and to get a gentle prod that he should be thinking of winding up his listening soon and that I'd be in touch asap with an address to post it on to. He said he had only spent one day trying it.... and so I PM'ed back he is in that case welcome to keep it another couple of days... I got a curt "It's now packed, What's the next address?" back....

What I cannot be having is people receiving it and then maybe leaving the box on the sideboard for a week before getting round to trying it. If I'd known Rexton would keep it for two weeks he wouldn't have been offered a trial of it. I'm trying to make a living out of this... there is only one demo unit and so it has to go from one person to another in a timely fashion.

In the first PM Gary described his finding's as "extremely positive", before saying he considers he hasn't had it long enough to say anything about it publicly, so that will have to do as Gary's review....

I'm Andrew.

Yeah that's my fault, apologies to all. I'd had a really shit few days off work and subsequently didn't post when I should have done.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Gary received the unit on Saturday and was contacted this afternoon by PM to ask how he was getting on with it and to get a gentle prod that he should be thinking of winding up his listening soon and that I'd be in touch asap with an address to post it on to. He said he had only spent one day trying it.... and so I PM'ed back he is in that case welcome to keep it another couple of days... I got a curt "It's now packed, What's the next address?" back....

What I cannot be having is people receiving it and then maybe leaving the box on the sideboard for a week before getting round to trying it. If I'd known Rexton would keep it for two weeks he wouldn't have been offered a trial of it. I'm trying to make a living out of this... there is only one demo unit and so it has to go from one person to another in a timely fashion.

In the first PM Gary described his finding's as "extremely positive", before saying he considers he hasn't had it long enough to say anything about it publicly, so that will have to do as Gary's review....
    Nearly right, I suggest that you get addresses of next recipient prior to expecting it to be posted on, that causes it to "sit on the sideboard". Don't "prod" people without cause.

Your note, said you hadn't seen my response on the forum, knowing that I got it on Saturday, guess what....some off us have a life outside reviewing loan stuff.

With your attitude I wish you well in making a living, talent is no excuse for bad manners.

This my final word on this issue, don't pm me, put a note on here when you have directions for forthcoming loan issues.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Nearly right, I suggest that you get addresses of next recipient prior to expecting it to be posted on, that causes it to "sit on the sideboard". Don't "prod" people without cause.

Your note, said you hadn't seen my response on the forum, knowing that I got it on Saturday, guess what....some off us have a life outside reviewing loan stuff.

With your attitude I wish you well in making a living, talent is no excuse for bad manners.

This my final word on this issue, don't pm me, put a note on here when you have directions for forthcoming loan issues.
    You started it with the bad manners pal. As soon as you realised I was expecting you to get it off to the next person tout sweet rather than "when you get round to it" you couldn't have been much more rude/in a strop in making sure I knew damn well that you had instantly unplugged it, re-packed it and were refusing my offer of keeping it for a few more days. The "prod" was with good cause. it was my way of politely letting you know that you could expect to be given an address to send it on to within the next day or so and so not to leave it unheard in its box...

"some off us have a life outside reviewing loan stuff" yeah and unfortunately for me the only way i can pay the rent etc is through building, repairing and modding hi fi. If someone keeps the loan unit for weeks 'cos they can't be arsed to try it out or would rather be going to watch la la land then that's weeks in which no one is ordering an Arkless 640P and I have no income! Hence when anyone on here wants to try any piece of equipment I have available then I'm kind of hoping for it to be installed in your system the same day you receive it, tried extensively for a few days, a write up to be posted here and for it then to be posted on to the next interested party.... I'm a one man band not a corporation and at any one time I probably have only one or two customers/jobs on the go. I simply can't afford to be patient!!

I'll post the next person's name on here as you ask then Gary, as you are being so petulant as to ask me not to contact you! Which just means more of a fuck about for all parties, as I can't publish someone's address here you will then need to PM the person yourself, as will I.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast