+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Arkless 640P MC/MM phono loan list

I'm Jez.

Who would like to try the Arkless 640P next?
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Jez.

A bump for the Arkless 640P. Available for home demo now.

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Paul.

I'd like to have a go.

I've got a Musical Fidelity V-XLPS v3 and, as I've said before elsewhere on the forum, I'm extremely happy with my digital set-up but my vinyl tends to be a bit less consistent, depending on what I'm listening to.
    For the deck I've got, I think it should be a better all round sound.

Sorry, I've not done this kind of thing before - do I PM you my address and PayPal you for courier charges ??
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post
    I'd like to have a go.

I've got a Musical Fidelity V-XLPS v3 and, as I've said before elsewhere on the forum, I'm extremely happy with my digital set-up but my vinyl tends to be a bit less consistent, depending on what I'm listening to.
    For the deck I've got, I think it should be a better all round sound.

Sorry, I've not done this kind of thing before - do I PM you my address and PayPal you for courier charges ??
    Strangely, I thought you had one already.... do I recall correctly you replying to one for sale here on AOS a while back?

Yes you are very welcome to try it... just PM me your address. The way it works is the person who has it now sends it to you at their expense and then you do the same for the next loanee.

I'd strongly recommend a better cartridge BTW!! It's a bit of a weak link in the context of an LP12 and Ittok....

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Strangely, I thought you had one already.... do I recall correctly you replying to one for sale here on AOS a while back?

Yes you are very welcome to try it... just PM me your address. The way it works is the person who has it now sends it to you at their expense and then you do the same for the next loanee.

I'd strongly recommend a better cartridge BTW!! It's a bit of a weak link in the context of an LP12 and Ittok....
    I've been thinking about the cart for a while - you're right.
    Actually, I think I'll do that first and live with the MF for a while to see what a difference that makes

Thanks for the advice !
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Grant.

Actually, I think I'll do that first and live with the MF for a while to see what a difference that makes

Thanks for the advice !
    would give you a better idea of where the problem might lie. not tried that cart but sure you could do better without breaking bank.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jez.

Thanks for the advice !
    Talked meself out of a potential sale there then... I had a P77 when they were new and didn't like it that much. Too warm, rounded and lacking in detail for my ears...

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Talked meself out of a potential sale there then... I had a P77 when they were new and didn't like it that much. Too warm, rounded and lacking in detail for my ears...
    Not necessarily - you may just be unwittingly playing the long game
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Jez.

A Thursday bump....

I'm Jez.

Saturday bump

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast