+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkless 640P MC/MM phono loan list

I'm Jez.

There are literally dozens of comparative reviews already extant both here and especially (mainly) on pfm where the Arkless 640P comes up against most of the rival models from companies such as Trichord, Whest, Project etc, most of them £100-300 more expensive than the Arkless, and thrashes the lot... several reviews can be found where it is preferred to £1000+ units. It is this legacy which I believe gives credence to my claim that it's (in Carlsberg voice-over!) "Probably the best budget phono stage in the world".

As I've said before, the Dynavector P75 is, I would say, its main rival, in as much as being the cheapest alternative to give the Arkless 640P a good run for its money. Several reviews place the Arkless 640P against the P75, a few prefer the Arkless whilst a few prefer the Dynavector. All said there is not much in it (apparently the Arkless wins on PRaT and bass tightness whilst the Dynavector wins on spaciousness and sound-staging... for anyone that interested) The Arkless 640P is £225 plus about £50 for a second-hand donor unit. The Dynavector, considered quite a giant killer itself... is £700!
    Last edited by Arkless Electronics; 28-03-2017 at 17:54.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Guys,

I've tidied the thread up a bit, so I'll point a things out....

First of all, let's remember that this thread is essentially an extension of Jez's trade room, designed to promote discussion of his products in the main area of the forum, so I would ask that everyone bears that in mind in future and refrains from making any blatantly negative remarks, liable to hinder that process.

I've read some of the comments made earlier, and whilst I think that Jez has overreacted a little, it's understandable, given what's happened to him the past, being a bit paranoid that someone might, shall we say, not have his best interests at heart.

In that respect, it should be noted that we would take a very dim view indeed of anyone attempting to 'set up' a registered trader, in the way suggested, and those responsible would almost certainly be banned with immediate effect. However, I've assured Jez that I'd be very hopeful no-one's like that on AoS.

Anyway, let's get things back on track!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Guys,

I've tidied the thread up a bit, so I'll point a things out....

First of all, let's remember that this thread is essentially an extension of Jez's trade room, designed to promote discussion of his products in the main area of the forum, so I would ask that everyone bears that in mind in future and refrains from making any negative remarks, liable to hinder that process.

I've read some of the comments made earlier, and whilst I think that Jez has overreacted a little, it's understandable, given what's happened to him the past, being a bit paranoid that someone might, shall we say, not have his best interests at heart.

In that respect, it should be noted that we would take a very dim view indeed of anyone attempting to 'set up' a registered trader, in the way suggested, and those responsible would almost certainly be banned with immediate effect. However, I've assured Jez that I'd be very hopeful no-one's like that on AoS.

Anyway, let's get things back on track!

Marco.
    I just need to understand some things.

I don't know anything about Jez's past, nor do I care, it's irrelevant.

Jez asks for reviews on his product, do I understand, looking at your comments above re negative remarks, is it then to be assumed that only positive reviews are pertinent?

I cannot understand why there are should be any negative reviews, just want to be clear about the rules. Do I understand that comparisons may not be made as they may not be positive?

Another comment about "registered trader in the way suggested" can you clarify "the way suggested" I saw one unsubstantiated comment.

I certainly cannot be considered as advertising any products. I pass comments on things I see and hear.

I have learnt a lot since joining this forum and enjoy being here, long may it continue.

Just want clarification on above.

Hi Gary,

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    I just need to understand some things.

I don't know anything about Jez's past, nor do I care, it's irrelevant.
    Excellent.

Jez asks for reviews on his product, do I understand, looking at your comments above re negative remarks, is it then to be assumed that only positive reviews are pertinent?
    Nope, not at all. All I insist on from anyone, who tries a product from Jez, are honest and constructive appraisals, free from any personal agendas.

What I don't want here is anything blatantly negative written, designed simply to undermine Jez or the success of his products. Worry not, as nothing you wrote remotely comes under that category!

Another comment about "registered trader in the way suggested" can you clarify "the way suggested" I saw one unsubstantiated comment.

I certainly cannot be considered as advertising any products. I pass comments on things I see and hear.
    Sorry, I've no idea what any of that means, or what you're referring to. Could you explain it again and quote directly what you're referring to?

I have learnt a lot since joining this forum and enjoy being here, long may it continue.
    Good stuff, and your contributions are welcome

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Gary.

From your (Marco) post above.

It's no wonder I couldn't explain, as I didn't really understand this

If you could expand on this?

The only reference I could find (within the context of all above posts) was to allege that a forum member was acting as the Marketing Manager for another member.

Gary

Bigman80 Guest

The only reference I could find (within the context of all above posts) was to allege that a forum member was acting as the Marketing Manager for another member.

Gary
    I think Marco was referring to Jez's concern that my offer to borrow and review it in a comparison with the FB-OTP was a stitch up. That i was going to borrow it in a deliberate ploy to bad mouth Jez's arkless phono stage .

Anyone who knows me will attest that i am not like that and the offer was in the genuine interest of seeing how they compared.

I felt it was a good opportunity to get that out in the forum and would have been very beneficial to any member who may have been considered either unit.

Yes Alan and I are friends, but my opinion would have been unbiased.

As a member of this forum i have never deceived anyone or written a single word that was untrue. I've sold multiple items here and never made a profit as the spirit of the forum is to help each other. That's my view anyway.

Jez and i have spoken privately which is the way it should have been done originally and we both understand each others motives. All is well.

Any review Should be fair and honest or there is no point doing them. I'm sure Marco, Jez and everyone will agree with that.

Let's move on everyone and let Jez get his loaner unit out and about and hopefully generate some sales for him.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I think Marco was referring to Jez's concern that my offer to borrow and review it in a comparison with the FB-OTP was a stitch up. That i was going to borrow it in a deliberate ploy to bad mouth Jez's arkless phono stage .

Anyone who knows me will attest that i am not like that and the offer was in the genuine interest of seeing how they compared.

I felt it was a good opportunity to get that out in the forum and would have been very beneficial to any member who may have been considered either unit.

Yes Alan and I are friends, but my opinion would have been unbiased.

As a member of this forum i have never deceived anyone or written a single word that was untrue. I've sold multiple items here and never made a profit as the spirit of the forum is to help each other. That's my view anyway.

Jez and i have spoken privately which is the way it should have been done originally and we both understand each others motives. All is well.

Any review Should be fair and honest or there is no point doing them. I'm sure Marco, Jez and everyone will agree with that.

Let's move on everyone and let Jez get his loaner unit out and about and hopefully generate some sales for him.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    This is what I thought, just seeking clarification of the foundation that required Marco's comments.

Hi Gary,

Ok, I simply meant anyone who would ask to demo something Jez has built, with the sole intention of later posting negatively about it, in order to, shall we say, 'facilitate the interests' of a competitor. And that applies not only to stuff Jez makes, but also that of any other trader here.

As Negan would say on The Walking Dead (apologies if you don't follow the programme), we would: 'shut that shit down'! [In no uncertain terms]

Marco.

P.S Just seen your post, Oliver - spot on
    Main System

I'm Jez.

Ok then to get this thread back on its intended course, would anyone else like to try the Arkless 640P phono stage in their own system for a few days?
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

blackstar Guest

Jez,

I am currently using an Edwards Audio MC-1 and would like to test drive your phono stage if possible. Don't worry; I won't be looking to write an A-B comparison report, just how it behaves with my DL-301 Mk2 cart. Please let me know how to kick this off.

Regards

M

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast