+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkless 640P MC/MM phono loan list

I'm Jez.

Default Arkless 640P MC/MM phono loan list

As the demo unit is back here with me and some further rave reviews have been posted here on AOS recently I thought it time to get it doing the rounds again.. so if anyone wishes to try this giant killing phono stage then please add your name below and I'll PM you to arrange it.

For the benefit of any one not familiar with what exactly it is well it's a Cambridge Audio 640P or 651P (other CA models are not suitable) with most of the innards replaced with my own design. Re-using the casework, sockets, PSU etc keeps the price down.

Here's a photo to illustrate how little of the original remains

[IMG][/IMG]

NB In practice I don't remove all the parts but just bypass them. it would double the labour to pointlessly do this to every one. Everything no longer used is removed from this example to illustrate that in no way is it just a modified Cambridge Audio
    A few changes to spec have been made since this old photo was taken, including MC/MM being selectable by a switch as standard rather than wire links needing to be cut internally.

Current price is £225 not including postage and of course you need a donor 640P/651P (which doesn't need to be a working one as nearly all the original parts are removed anyway!)
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm jamie.

id like to try it please,
    it would have to be in a weeks time though if thats ok?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Andrew.

Yep I'm on the look out for a new MM stage. Can I try please.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    id like to try it please,
    it would have to be in a weeks time though if thats ok?
    I would have thought you were sorted for a phono stage with the Nak CA5 but yep no problem. If anyone wants to try it first during the week you are not available and then post it on to you then better still...

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Yep I'm on the look out for a new MM stage. Can I try please.
    I'm not sure it will be to your taste Andrew but yes you can indeed try it. It majors on grip, speed, PRaT, bass tightness, detail, neutrality and transparency.. to an extent that I welcome comparison with anything at any price in all these areas except the absolute level of transparency (which is still bloody marvellous at the price!). The areas in which its low price start to show are in front to back depth, naturalness of timbre on orchestral instruments etc... it's still very good at the price point (or even double) in these areas but it is in these areas that I would expect a £1K plus stage to beat it.

I'll send it to you first as jamie123 can't try it for a week. Please PM me your details as I have cleaned out inbox since I last sent you anything.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I would have thought you were sorted for a phono stage with the Nak CA5 but yep no problem. If anyone wants to try it first during the week you are not available and then post it on to you then better still...
    oh ok,well if you think its not as good then i wont bother,the firebottle came very close by the way,not much in it at all.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Jez.

oh ok,well if you think its not as good then i wont bother,the firebottle came very close by the way,not much in it at all.
    I've no idea.... I've not compared them. The CA5 has a Threshold phono stage built in which would be £1k+ if available separately that's all. Please do try it

I'm jamie.

cool! yep ok id love to try it then in that case.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Jez.

cool! yep ok id love to try it then in that case.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I've no idea.... I've not compared them. The CA5 has a Threshold phono stage built in which would be £1k+ if available separately that's all. Please do try it
    used to be mine Good pre and great phono. Dunno why I sold it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast