As the demo unit is back here with me and some further rave reviews have been posted here on AOS recently I thought it time to get it doing the rounds again.. so if anyone wishes to try this giant killing phono stage then please add your name below and I'll PM you to arrange it.

For the benefit of any one not familiar with what exactly it is well it's a Cambridge Audio 640P or 651P (other CA models are not suitable) with most of the innards replaced with my own design. Re-using the casework, sockets, PSU etc keeps the price down.

Here's a photo to illustrate how little of the original remains

[IMG][/IMG]

NB In practice I don't remove all the parts but just bypass them. it would double the labour to pointlessly do this to every one. Everything no longer used is removed from this example to illustrate that in no way is it just a modified Cambridge Audio
A few changes to spec have been made since this old photo was taken, including MC/MM being selectable by a switch as standard rather than wire links needing to be cut internally.

Current price is £225 not including postage and of course you need a donor 640P/651P (which doesn't need to be a working one as nearly all the original parts are removed anyway!)