+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD - Mains traffo for SE amp project, 200 to 250V sec plus heater secs

I'm Alan.

Default WTD - Mains traffo for SE amp project, 200 to 250V sec plus heater secs

Now sorted.

Search your old stock you valve kit hoarders please

I need something to replicate this spec, or not too far away as I can tweak things:

240V primary
    200V ish 0.18A secondary, more voltage isn't too much of a problem.
    6.3V heater secondary, at least 2A
    5V heater secondary, at least 2A.

Can accept twin 6.3V heater secondaries, or 3.15-0-3.15V as I can use alternative rectifiers.
    Last edited by Firebottle; 07-02-2017 at 18:54.

I'm Jez.

Hmm... low impedance output valve(s).... Interesting
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Alan.

Maybe jumping to conclusions there my mate, I've got a gash incomplete kit, but it does have output transformers with it

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Maybe jumping to conclusions there my mate, I've got a gash incomplete kit, but it does have output transformers with it
    Ah well i'm sure you can see why it was a reasonable conclusion from the spec of the mains TX... Carry on
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

Bigman80 Guest

Is this to do with the tube buffer ? Lol

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Alan.

No Oliver , different project. Have just identified a small mains trannie for the buffer.

I'm John.

Could you just run the HT straight off the mains and buy a transformer solely for the heater supplies?

Are there any advantages of running through a transformer, block DC maybe?

I'm Alan.

Safety.
    There are designs, particularly from 120V supplies that use the direct mains but this is very risky, particularly if the Line and Neutral are swapped over anywhere.

Do NOT try this at home folks.

Bigman80 Guest

No Oliver , different project. Have just identified a small mains trannie for the buffer.
    Sweet

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Safety.
    There are designs, particularly from 120V supplies that use the direct mains but this is very risky, particularly if the Line and Neutral are swapped over anywhere.

Do NOT try this at home folks.
    Quite, but it did not stop Linn Products from doing it with thier valhalla power supply on the LP12....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast