Hi all,

I spend a bit of time away from home, so have decided to put together a vinyl system to listen to in my country estate (it's actually an annexe at my in-laws...). Currently a Chromecast Audio feeding an Amptastic and out a pair of (temperamental) Mordant Short MS10s, it has been a fairly decent set up for listening to Spotify and have been happy with it. However, I have a Michell Focus one, that I was going to sell on, but have decided to keep that and have a vinyl set up.

The Amptastic doesn't have a phono stage and the MS10s (as good as they were) have seen better days. I have always wanted to get myself a pair of Minstrels after hearing a pair of them in a record shop a while back and liking them.

So I have had my eyes peeled for a cheap pair of Minstrels, and some came up on another forum, so I am interested in an amp that can replace the Amptastic with a couple of inputs and (more importantly) a good phono stage. I have looked around and there is a bit of chat about NVA/Ion/Nytech being a good match, and someone said Quad 33/303.

As they are fairly popular, I just thought i'd ask the question and see if anyone had any recommendations/or anything they are willing to part with. I reckon £100-£150 id a good range, perhaps more for the right thing.

All feedback welcome.