+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Loving My New LV Auditoriums

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I struggle to listen to most traditional box construction speakers these days, the box colorations are very obvious to my ears. My Anthony Gallos don't have traditional cabinets so no cabinet coloration. The LVs while they have a little, manage to transcend these and produce lovely music.
    I'd never heard of Anthony Gallo speakers but looking at them they look fantastic Neil, completely different ... nice...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I'd never heard of Anthony Gallo speakers but looking at them they look fantastic Neil, completely different ... nice...

Those are the ones I own, both Reference 3.1 and the later 3.5. Sadly no longer made. I hear Gallo are working on something new re two channel floor standers, but I have no details.
    Regards Neil

They look yummy Neil

I wonder why they are no longer making them
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

a bit open baffle in style. Certainly an eyecatching design, although not heard any I bet they are good.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yeah they make my LV's look very 'ordinary'
    Bev

I'm Neil.

They look yummy Neil

I wonder why they are no longer making them
    Gallo initially made them in China but the amount of quality control issues became unsustainable so they decided to discontinue the 3.1s and work on improvements. The new speakers were made in America (Gallo are a US company) but sadly that cause a doubling in price. The 3.1 sold for £2400 (bargain) the 3.5s were £5500. They sold and were better but the price was an issue. Eventually they discontinued them because the Stratus came close but at much less money.
    Regards Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Gallo initially made them in China but the amount of quality control issues became unsustainable so they decided to discontinue the 3.1s and work on improvements. The new speakers were made in America (Gallo are a US company) but sadly that cause a doubling in price. The 3.1 sold for £2400 (bargain) the 3.5s were £5500. They sold and were better but the price was an issue. Eventually they discontinued them because the Stratus came close but at much less money.
    As you say the 3.1's were a bargain at £2,400 as a lot of work seems to have gone into them.... I can see why you now struggle to listen to traditional box construction speakers

However it's comforting to know you don't mind the LV's sound
    Bev

I'm Neil.

As you say the 3.1's were a bargain at £2,400 as a lot of work seems to have gone into them.... I can see why you now struggle to listen to traditional box construction speakers

However it's comforting to know you don't mind the LV's sound
    The 3.1s were widely hailed as being a massive bargain re price to performance, the predecessor the 3 is also very good.
    Regards Neil

It's nice that I still love my LV's after owning so many speakers

I have some Rega RS3's that I must get round to re-trying to see how they stack up against the LV's.. I will try the RS3's soonish and report back my findings on their sound

After being away from my system for a little while I am still very happy with it's sound and the LV's are sounding very nice indeed
    Bev

I'm Timothy.

Those look really nice Bev, glad you are enjoying them. I always wanted to hear some of the LV speakers, but rather rare on this side of the pond. I am curious how your Oto would sound with them, as well as I would my Croft amps. Anyway, enjoy them and your music, well done!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast