+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Loving My New LV Auditoriums

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Those look really nice Bev, glad you are enjoying them. I always wanted to hear some of the LV speakers, but rather rare on this side of the pond. I am curious how your Oto would sound with them, as well as I would my Croft amps. Anyway, enjoy them and your music, well done!
    Thanks Timothy... As it's a bit late here now I have them turned down and they still sound very good at low levels... I am currently using a 300b with the LV's but will put the Oto back into the system and will report back how I find the sound...

I am sure your Croft would also sound great through the LV's... I am familiar with the Croft sound
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Timothy.

Thanks Bev, obviously do not spend a lot of time swapping things around just for my curiosity on your Oto! One thing you mentioned that I like right off, is how the LV play at low volume, I always struggle a bit with that on the speakers I own, they tend to need a bit of goosing to sound their best in general. When my wife is working, it makes it a little harder to enjoy the music as much, so that is a win there! Enjoy!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Glad you're enjoying the Auditorium's Bev, they should sound sweet with 300B's, have you found positioning them quite sensitive?

I've had my Avatars two years now and would love to try a nice valve amp with them, it will happen.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Phil.

I enjoyed listening to some lovely LV`s in the room at the wam show . used with a 18w mr liang amp . lovely tone with piano
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Lawrence.

I was thinking of buying some LVs without audition if necessary as I had read so much about them, but having heard 2 pairs at Scalford I'm now glad I didn't I'm not sure they would be to my taste at all, the treble was so restrained well below what I like, and I thought I was a laid back kinda guy! Is it possible the systems were the culprit here or are they really like that? I should add that I found the treble piercing in some rooms and couldn't stay longer than politeness demanded so it's probably not my taste, or hearing.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    And their new plinths..

Love the speakers but as one honest person to another, the carpet has to go!

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I was thinking of buying some LVs without audition if necessary as I had read so much about them, but having heard 2 pairs at Scalford I'm now glad I didn't I'm not sure they would be to my taste at all, the treble was so restrained well below what I like, and I thought I was a laid back kinda guy! Is it possible the systems were the culprit here or are they really like that? I should add that I found the treble piercing in some rooms and couldn't stay longer than politeness demanded so it's probably not my taste, or hearing.

They are not a forward in your face type of speaker but I've never felt that the treble was restrained? I would say they are hot on tone, texture and dynamics with an overall impression of tremendous depth.

What sort of system/speakers do you usually prefer?
    Chris

I'm Lawrence.

I recently had some Kef reference model onesand wanted a similar sound witha 300b single ended amp and thought the LVs would deliver that but it didn't sound like it.

I'm Chris.

The best I've heard the LV's sound was with a 300b Border patrol single ended amplifier, it was at Kevin Scott's in Nottingham but I'm not familiar with the kef reference so I've no idea what you're looking for.

I would say though that LV's are not the best choice if you are into hard rock or thunderous bass etc,etc.

Laid back presentation, yes I'd say they are.
    Chris

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Love the speakers but as one honest person to another, the carpet has to go!

I,d keep carpet and get shot of the slabs
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast