+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old shyte and stuff

I'm Jerry.

Yay - proppa man cave

But, yeah, death by fire is too good for that lampshade.
    Jerry

Spotify Premium streaming, Cambridge Audio 851D DAC/pre, Nobsound NS-02G amp, MBL116F
    or
    Spotify Premium streaming, Wadia 151 PowerDAC, MBL 116F.
    or
    Spotify Premium streaming, Cambridge Audio 851D DAC/pre, Pass Labs X150 power amp, MBL 116F.
    or
    >> Currently >>Spotify Premium streaming, Cambridge Audio 851D DAC/pre, LA Audio A-30 el84 integrated amp, MBL 116F.

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Yay - proppa man cave

But, yeah, death by fire is too good for that lampshade.
    Don't diss the lampshade That's been here since I got hitched ,and I am too attached to bin the whole thing (it was used before the uplighter arrived !!!)
    On the list for the tip though

The Akai's are suprisingly good !! I braved a visit to bandit country up by Marco's (Cefn Mawr ) while going to see the mighty Wrexham play , next to the famous Telford Aqueduct that I wont try and spell , at Trevor . Llangollen . The bass drivers were hanging about with advanced foam rot , so I gave a pound for them . 15 for a refoam kit off e bay and they don't sound bad at all , but despite being 1980 vintage they are nothing special !
    Probably want the crossovers doing but they sound ok to my rough ears
    Oh , I robbed the tv aerial lead , now that it does not get used much ,and it gave me suprisingly great reception on the Nad tuner !! (I am not sure the difference between a VHF aerial and a UHF ???)
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

Those lamps and shades are cool.. love them.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Don't diss the lampshade That's been here since I got hitched...
    Bet it's seen a lot of 'action'...

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Bet it's seen a lot of 'action'...

Marco.
    Ha ha , it knows when to keep quiet too !!
    I like the old standard lamp for a bit of book reading , actually gives a nice bit of atmos !!

Tomorrow is my biffy . I have a old TT I am looking at , so fingers crossed . A project for me (no ,not a Project Debut Carbon either - does anyone want a 12 month old one , as new ??

I'm Anto.

Well , unlike the Thread title , 'Bargains on E Bay' , I did not buy a bargain as the Technics SL 23 for spares and repair made 46.75 , and my snipe was taken out by another snipe !!!
    It was a mere 8 miles away from me ,and I should have bought it but hell if E Bay does not get my goat lately!!
    What the hell is up with folk lol

I'm Anto.

Today I have mainly been - amazed at the sound from the Tannoy 635B's I bought off the Bay of Pigs ,last week!
    I fully expected to be a bit underwelmed by any sound improvement over my old rosewood Mission 752's , but boy what a revelation!!

Pictures to follow as the mancave gets turned over for 'old shyte' to sell to recoup the vast 80 I paid for them

I'm Geoff.

Thought you might be impressed Anto.

Care to describe how you find these?
    Mr. Tact!

Gear: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/one scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/two hefty Japanese DD TT's/hefty Japanese BD TT/smaller Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. One CD transport/3 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. One MD deck. One tuner. Two TVC pre-amps/two valve pre-amps/solid state pre-amp/passive pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Thought you might be impressed Anto.

Care to describe how you find these?
    HHmm , I dont have a way with words Geoff , like some people , but will try my best !!
    I hooked them up normally ,or non Bi wired , as I felt it would be a fairer comparison ,against the Missions (they were non bi )
    Immediately I felt the bass was a tad overpowering (it was set at +2 on the Technics SU VX700 (95 watt per channel)so I put that back to -2 , and that sounded much better. (I do think the fullness of sound in the mid and bass caused my initial reaction )
    On with a bit of Nursery Cryme -Genesis - The Musical Box , then a bit of Supertramp , the fullness througout all ranges ' a joy .
    Those dual concentrics sing !!
    My wife was struck by the way the bass went through the wall into the kitchen and I didnt even have the sub on !!
    Later on I cobbled together some stands from a bit of twin wall drainage pipe and some hardboard (for now)
    Spent this afternoon listening to Dido's first album again , and the extra foot height ,does make that difference !!

Thanks for recommending Tannoys to me Geoff

I'm Geoff.

Glad you like 'em Anto. If you can locate some sturdy stands, somrthing nice and hefty. It should clean the bass up and tighten it a bit.
    Mr. Tact!

Gear: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/one scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/two hefty Japanese DD TT's/hefty Japanese BD TT/smaller Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. One CD transport/3 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. One MD deck. One tuner. Two TVC pre-amps/two valve pre-amps/solid state pre-amp/passive pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast