+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old shyte and stuff

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Anto.

Default Old shyte and stuff

Being a big fan of the 'Bargains on E Bay thread ' , I was eventually moved to post a picture of the Oddball 'mancave' and to talk a bi about my hi fi thoughts!!
    Very random I know , but having watched over the last few months , how just about everything on E Bay is silly money nowadays , I am glad I bought my old tat a couple of yrs ago ,in the main , and I hopefully will avoid searching for The Holy Grail of vinyl ,by spending an shed load on different cartridges every now and then , and turntables , in the pursuit of it !!
    Not to say I would not mind a very nice Akai TT like the one my roommate next door had in 1975/76 at college ,forget the model , I saw one in Birmingham 2 years ago and it made £285 at the time , what would it fetch now
    I bought a Technics SU - VX 700 last June , a Denon cd player and a Nad tuner , so they sit along the old Hitachi branded hi fi with a Project Debut Carbon in blue on top .
    Oh and Jachaks old sub , a Rel Q50
    My limited hearing in the one ear (I lack hearing treble in that one) means I have taken a step back from the vinyl a bit ,and since I got into surround sound (Partly through Jackhawks generous donation of his old Marantz SR5400 !!) and the addition of a firestick on the TV , some donated Mission 733 speakers , I am mainly listening to Spotify and you Tube and cds!
    Yes , I know its a mess and the diddy Panasonic speakers are in the tip , and some 50 watt Akai' s inplace of the 2 either side of the tv which have been used as a centre and rear !
    I particularly love watching You Tube and getting all the Rolls Royce Merlin vids , Vulcan footage and 70's RAC Rally highlights and just blasting the room out!!!!
    What a heathen
    Last edited by Oddball; 04-02-2017 at 18:07. Reason: Idiot writing
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

+ Reply to Thread