+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Valve System 2017

I'm Peter.

Those NA Interspaces are lovely looking..... I'm sure it sounds amazing! I've a spare Origin Live modded RB250 tonearm spare doing nothing and would love an Interspace TT to fit it onto.

Sorry to ask, what kind of money would a used NA Interspace sell for roughly..?

Cheers;
    Peter
    Peter McCullough Photography
    ------------------------------------------
    TRAVEL - EXPLORE - CAPTURE

I'm Shaun.

Peter, I just paid £850 for this early but mint example. I would expect to pay the same really for a current model secondhand with an Interspace arm. My reason for paying over the odds is because I like the finish of the earlier models over the current grey ones.

I'm Shaun.

OK so I have now used the turntable with and without the Achromat and the difference is staggering. I thought that the deck was a revelation over the Stanton ST.150 but fitting the Achromat is a true revelation. With the Achromat there is a mass of vocal detail that is now just so obvious whereas before it was consumed by this kind of total confusion in the midband. The Achromat has also led to a fine sharpening of the low bass sounds so that they are now so tight and well defined. I now honestly think that the Achromat with this turntable is a must as it completely transforms the sound definitely for the better.

I'm Shaun.

Hey, I also know that the Denon DL103 cartridge is not a perfect match with Rega arms but so far I haven't encountered any problems. I have only played three albums though and have only had the deck for just less than 24 hours.

I'm Shaun.

OK, OK, very last item bought for 2017... Origin Live Onyx tonearm with upgraded connecting cable. Should arrive mid next week (Wednesday 01/03/2017).

I'm Shaun.

This is the Nottingham Analogue Interspace deck now fitted with the Origin Live Onyx tonearm along with an upgraded interconnect tonearm cable.
    I have to say that the fitting of the tonearm was a bit of a pig and I ended up having to use a Rega fitting collar in place of the lock nut system of the Origin Live. This was mainly due to the over engineered mounting plate of the Nottingham Analogue. Everything is now fitted and the arm mount is rock steady. I am also using a Funk Firm Achromat on this deck.

I'm Shaun.

What was that I said LOL... The very last item bought for 2017...???
    OK, I just bought these from the Audio Rooms in Hull. Fantastic dealer with truly excellent service.
    They now have around two hours on them so a long way to go methinks but a massive difference to the KEF Q500's.

B&W CM8 S2's - Bloody stunning

I'm Shaun.

OK, the demo of the CM8's in the shop was quite weedy and thin but the Prima Luna power and pre have taken care of that. There is now so much controlled bass it is as though the KEF's never had any at all. These CM8's have corrected the imbalance I had lived with for four years. The CM8's midrange is staggeringly neutral with exceptional detail and the high frequencies are very smooth but quite open.

Keeping these things from becoming covered in scratches is going to be a major headache. I have them covered by cloth when not in use so that hopefully, I won't need to keep polishing them however, a satin wood finish may have been a better option.

I really do think that, with the funds I think hi-fi is worthy of, I have reached the end of the road. I think that the time is right now to invest in a shedload of vinyl and some really good kind of vinyl storage. I may also invest in an aluminium flightcase for my CD's. I like the ones that have sleeves for the disc and the book only so that I can chuck all of those horrible plastic cases and in the process save around fifty percent of my current space.

If anyone out there has anything to comment on, please do, I am open to listening.

I'm John.

Very nice Shaun, all lovely looking pieces, bet they sounds as good as they look!

I'm Shaun.

John, thank you for your comment. The system, to my ears, is way in advance of anything I have ever owned since 1979 that I can recall of course. I am highly pleased with the current sound and unless I win the Lotto anytime soon this is the system I shall live with indefinitely. Yes I know there will be quirks that piss me off as I get used to it all but I do not listen every evening so maybe that won't happen very soon. I actually feel as though I have reached the end of a journey. Time will tell I guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast