+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Valve System 2017

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Hey, many thanks for the offer but my Interspace already has a badge on it.
    Thats ok then.
    Enjoy!

I'm Mike.

Very nice setup Shaun! Love the photography too.
    Bet it sounds luverly!

I'm M.

Hi Shaun How are you finding the Origin Live tonearm i have itch to upgrade my modded RB300 and was thinking either an SME 309 or one of the Origin Lives hard to compare tonearms these days by demo so some input from people who have any of these t/a,s would be much appreciated

Martin
    Lovely system by the way

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post

This is the Nottingham Analogue Interspace deck now fitted with the Origin Live Onyx tonearm along with an upgraded interconnect tonearm cable.
    I have to say that the fitting of the tonearm was a bit of a pig and I ended up having to use a Rega fitting collar in place of the lock nut system of the Origin Live. This was mainly due to the over engineered mounting plate of the Nottingham Analogue. Everything is now fitted and the arm mount is rock steady. I am also using a Funk Firm Achromat on this deck.

That is a beautiful turntable! I also quite like your Prima Luna amp and preamp. B&W has never been one of my favourites, but it looks like a very enjoyable system!

I think that you were given some good advice to get a RCM. I have a well loved Loricraft and it is working as well as the day it left the showroom! Fantastic addition to the system. Also, the Denon is good but you have quite a bit of potential with that turntable. A low output MC would be a terrific addition!
    Vertere SG-1 Turntable / Audio Note IO Gold MC
    Audio Note AN-S8L MC Transformer
    Audio Note Pallas I/C (SUT-Preamp)
    Audio Note M6 Phono Preamp
    Audio Note CDT 3/Audio Note 4.1X Balanced Signature DAC
    Audio Note Kassai Monoblocks
    Audio Note Sogon Interconnects
    Audio Note Pallas Interconnects
    Audio Note AN-Vx Interconnects
    Audio Note Sogon Speaker Cables
    Audio Note AN-E SPE HE speakers
    Audio Note ISIS Power Cables
    Loricraft PRC-4 Record Cleaning Machine

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkie37 View Post
    That is a beautiful turntable! I also quite like your Prima Luna amp and preamp. B&W has never been one of my favourites, but it looks like a very enjoyable system!

I think that you were given some good advice to get a RCM. I have a well loved Loricraft and it is working as well as the day it left the showroom! Fantastic addition to the system. Also, the Denon is good but you have quite a bit of potential with that turntable. A low output MC would be a terrific addition!
    The Denon is a low output MC.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Hi Shaun How are you finding the Origin Live tonearm i have itch to upgrade my modded RB300 and was thinking either an SME 309 or one of the Origin Lives hard to compare tonearms these days by demo so some input from people who have any of these t/a,s would be much appreciated

Martin
    Lovely system by the way
    Martin, before the Origin Live I was using a rather lowly RB250 and I was then of the opinion that it wasn't a good match with the DL103 however when I changed to the Origin Live I was surprised to hear that the differences were minimal.
    There were subtle improvements to the overall sound but nothing like a change of cartridge for example. I think the biggest difference we noticed was a higher level of resolution and fine detail. Also, the engineering of the Origin Live is much better than was the RB250. A really nice tonearm but worth over 500 quid...? Maybe not depending on your view.

I'm M.

Thanks for that Shaun always helpful to get input from someone with hands on experience i maybe have to try and get some like for like demos to get some idea of the best fit for my system

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkie37 View Post

Yeah, B&W have never been one of my favourites and until now I have never owned any but the midrange of these loudspeakers is staggeringly neutral and the low frequencies have a nice solid thwack to them. Until I heard these at the local dealer my favourite ever loudspeakers were Audio Note AZ-2's but these CM8 S2's walk all over those. So far, with the exception of QLN Mk1's these are the best loudspeakers I have ever owned.

I'm Shaun.

I am now awaiting the arrival of a Dynavector P75 MkIII phono stage to replace the Rothwell Headspace and the inbuilt Prima Luna phono stage which I always thought was maybe a bit of a bottleneck for the sound.

I'm Shaun.

Well, the Dynavector P75 MkIII was bought through ebay as an ex dem unit from Ceritech Audio but appears to not work. I set up the jumpers for low output moving coil and no output. I set it up for phono enhancer and no output. I used two different inputs on the preamp and no sound. I then put the Rothwell back in circuit and brilliant, works perfectly. I put CD output through the same inputs and there was sound on all occasions. It has to be the P75.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast