+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Valve System 2017

I'm Shaun.

Default Valve System 2017

This is my system as it stands at 4th February 2017. I have just ordered a Rothwell MC headamp to replace the Pro-Ject phono stage as the preamp has an inbuilt MM phono stage as standard so I may as well put it to good use and, with MM it is much better sound wise than the Pro-Ject DS. This photo is of the system playing vinyl and not CD as I kind of get more pleasure from vinyl most of the time

Not really sure what change will bring next after the Rothwell but who knows ? It could be big.

I'm James.

Nice Shaun, like how you photographed that shot-quality!

You can't beat valves and vinyl. I am listening to something quite special at the moment.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Grant.

All good stuff Shaun. Looks attractive too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

Nothing like the glow of valves to warm the heart - and the whole house.

In perpetual pursuit.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Looking good, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Not really sure what change will bring next after the Rothwell but who knows ? It could be big.
    I suspect it will be significant (and for the better)

Enjoy, and post a full report when it arrives!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Looking good, mate!

I suspect it will be significant (and for the better)

Enjoy, and post a full report when it arrives!

Marco.
    You're correct Marco, the difference is quite significant. I'll post a summary in a few weeks time when I have ironed out a few problems.

I'm Shaun.

In the meantime, here's a shot of the current setup with the Denon DL103 and the Rothwell MC Headamp.
    I have finally removed the hum and the RF interference.

I'm Shaun.

OK, so the next big change has happened, thanks to ebay. I have just bought a Nottingham Analogue Interspace deck fitted with a Rega RB250 arm from a guy or gal in London. I've no idea when it will arrive but I am seriously looking forward to getting it. Used to have a Spacedeck back in 1997 and have always been impressed by their engineering.

I'm Geoff.

Nice. I like the NA turntables.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shaun.

The latest purchase via ebay is our Nottingham Analogue Interspace with Rega RB250 tonearm and our old Denon DL103. It has just taken two bloody hours to install and set up but hell was it worth it.

Playing the first album on it by Mr Scruff 'Friendly Bacteria' there is an immediate difference. The cymbals are much more noticeable by their ring and midrange voices are so very obvious. The whole sound is much more mellow and relaxed however electronic drums have much more authority. The really low sub bass stuff is so much more than with the Stanton.

In all, I'd say well worth the money...!

Oh happy days

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast