+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 arms

I'm phil.

Default 2 arms

Has anyone here either built a new 1200 plinth or adapted one to take 2 tone arms, I'm thinking of looking into this and doing so myself, any advise w oils be welcome.

I'm Dimitris.

I have something like that on my todo list.
    I was thinking to build an off-chassis platform to hold a 12-inch arm. But I have some reservations because it will have to be bulky and moving it will be a pain.

A solid chassis would be far better, but there is also much room for material controversy and trial/error.

Other than that, just find the dimensions of your favorite geometry (Stevenson/Baerwald/whatever) and design/verify the pivot spots according to them.
    Sources: Modified SL1200 MK2, Salas folded RIAA, Phonoclone, VSPS, Shelter 501 MK2, Modified Pioneer P6D6 as transport, Shigaclone transport, Peter Daniel NOS DAC.
    Amplification: Custom 211 Monoblocks, Electrocompaniet AW120, Audio Research VS110, Gainclone
    Loudspeakers: Tannoy Turnberry, PBN Montana EP Signature
    Cables/stands: Tempflex ribbon and Twinax cables
    Other: Promitheus Signature Passive Attenuator, Custom JFET - transformer preamp.

I'm Tom.

I've seen pictures of a deck with an additional 12" arm built by a Japanese modder.
    From what I can recall, he used one or both hinge mounts to fasten an extra armboard.
    I've since tried to find the pictures again, but no luck. This was over 10 years ago, on a Japanese website I stumbled over.
    WTB Technics EPA-500 armwands.

I'm phil.

I was thinking of proberly making a new plinth from scratch, just started looking for company's in my area, that way I can change arm boards making my choices endless.
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Tom.

I see. Have you considered looking for an SP-25?
    WTB Technics EPA-500 armwands.

I'm phil.

You don't see many of those for sale
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

+ Reply to Thread