+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheese Recommendations

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I'm a non sweet tooth fat Bastard also chris..

Now who's guilty of the Rizt Biscuits
    Add me to the list of cheese nibbling fat bastards!

Ritz, Cheddars, Tuc (Especially the sandwich ones!) but all only ever without cheese, or maybe a simple cheddar.

Marco, "Brie de Meaux" was what I meant when I said a "really ripe brie" earlier - if it isn't runny it isn't worth having!

Good thread Andre, I've got some new suggestions to try, and I love the Copenhagen anecdote Chris - sounds fab!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: Dell Latitude D630/M2Tech Hiface/JRiver Media Centre 17/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter - A.o.S. Album Club - reloaded - Are you in...?

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

You're obviously a man of taste, Alex

I do love nice cheese, but TBH, I rarely eat it... It's only because it's Christmas and we've bought in some goodies that I'm actually having any!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Add me to the list of cheese nibbling fat bastards!
    ............ I love the Copenhagen anecdote Chris - sounds fab!
    Hehehe!!

I'm a country lad, as regulars here will know, but Copenhagen is a fantastic city, as cities go. It's only a couple or three hours or so away from home if you live in the UK. You should go - it's great.

I love cheese here is a pic of the cheese counter in my shop.

Kirk.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Wow...quality!

Which are your favs?

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm ChrisB.

Wow - great stuff!
    That Camembert (centre right) looks fab!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Wow...quality!

Which are your favs?

Marco.
    At the moment blue would have to be Swaledale, goat Ribblesdale, Sheep orignal Wensleydale, Chedder Montgomery and soft vacherin. Also any thing from the Errington creamery.
    Kirk.

I'm InUpToMyNutsDeepMostNights.

A proper cheese counter, nice one Kirk
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Den Set up
    Scratch built Loftin White 2A3 SE Valve lovleyness , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , Ortofon SPU

My birds house
    Audio note Zero mono blocks, Audio note M1 pre , Puresound P10 and matching SUT , Denon 103r , Audio note AZ2 speakers, gaitered Stan dac, Lenco GL 75 , Apple TV

I'm ChrisB.

I'm having a day off work today - I've got a job on with shifting hi-fi & records & CD's around - (more on that in a more appropriate place later).
    But we nipped out to get some bits & bobs, one of which was some bread & cheese for lunch. I happened across a lump of a cheese that I've never had before. Well I have now! And it's great.

Pont L'Eveque from Normandy.

Although you wouldn't want to try it if you read this description from:

http://www.thefiftybest.com/food/best_cheese/5/
    Pont-l'Évêque is yet another cheese to take advantage of the fine quality of Norman milk, but this time, we got a lil' stinker. Pont-l'Évêque is a small, flat square with a thick full bodied paste. The stinky aromas of the rind barely touch the paste, which instead has its own eggy funk, and a flavor reminiscent of canned cooked vegetables.

I'm InUpToMyNutsDeepMostNights.

I have eaten that many times in France, very nice too
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Den Set up
    Scratch built Loftin White 2A3 SE Valve lovleyness , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , Ortofon SPU

My birds house
    Audio note Zero mono blocks, Audio note M1 pre , Puresound P10 and matching SUT , Denon 103r , Audio note AZ2 speakers, gaitered Stan dac, Lenco GL 75 , Apple TV

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast