+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Cheese Recommendations

I'm GettingFunky.

A mature salers is worth looking for. if you like a strong mature cheddar, this will not disappoint.
    Kevin

Funkified Technics SL1200 Mk2 (Funk FX-1200+, Techne-Audio modified DL-103/AT33PTG/II/, Funk Firm "Strata" platter, "Spin" bearing and BO!NG Isolation feet, MCRU/LDA PSU).
    Pioneer PD-S703.
    Battery powered Beresford Caiman II.
    Firebottle KIN fitted with NOS Telefunken Valves.
    Firebottle Monoblocks fitted with NOS Telefunken Valves.
    Electric Beach FH3 with Taket BatPure super tweeters.
    Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone amp.
    Sennheiser HD540 Reference II & HD650.
    DIY Klotz MC5000/MS Audio interconnects.
    Talk cable 3 speaker cable.
    Neotech hybrid mains cables from MCRU
    Power Inspired AG1500

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - that's so near to the Italian for the same thing, it's unreal!

I've 'seen above' and still don't get what Grant's referring to....

Marco.

Its made from ewe's milk
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol... Didn't know that!

As long as it's not man's milk...

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Grant.

Aldi do a Ewes milk one too...I just got some today... forgot the name and not tried it yet, but was a good price... think it was Spanish sunny ewe, if that's not a antagonym.....maybe our Bazza can enlighten me.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Grant.

This aldi cheese is called Manchego..matured 9 months..from mancha region of Spain
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Grant.

Morrisons The Best Somerset Cheddar Crunch. very nice cheese.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Geoff.

Wensleydale or Cheshire with pickled red cabbage or pickled walnut on a nice cracker!

I'm Martin.

I love cheese and will eat anything to hand as long as its not too dry and crumbly. Had that one with apricots in the other day and it was very dry to the taste

However I think we can do better than a Cheddar and wonder if foreign cheeses have the edge. My current favourites are
    Emmental, A Nice circle of Camembert and Blue Stilton.......oh and a nice smoked cheese.

Im not a cheese snob and it just has to be an addictive cheese when I cant stop munching it.

I'm Geoff.

Emmental doesn't taste of much.

Very fond of good cheddar, St. Agur and Camembert, being a bit of a cheese addict!
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Grant.

yes, I like cheddar too and sheep and goat cheese too
    Regards,
    Grant ....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast