+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTD Pink Floyd 'The Dark side of the moon' 30th anniversary

I'm Dimitris.

I have to agree.
    The 30th anniversary remaster is terrible.
    I have my eyes open for an early copy too.
    Sources: Modified SL1200 MK2, Salas folded RIAA, Phonoclone, VSPS, Shelter 501 MK2, Modified Pioneer P6D6 as transport, Shigaclone transport, Peter Daniel NOS DAC.
    Amplification: Custom 211 Monoblocks, Electrocompaniet AW120, Audio Research VS110, Gainclone
    Loudspeakers: Tannoy Turnberry, PBN Montana EP Signature
    Cables/stands: Tempflex ribbon and Twinax cables
    Other: Promitheus Signature Passive Attenuator, Custom JFET - transformer preamp.

I'm Grant.

Ive a relatively early copy and it sounds damn good.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

I have an early Japanese copy and I much prefer it to the UK pressing.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm gerald.

My copy of the 30th anniversary pressing sounds really good but my first pressing has the edge just

I'm Geoff.

I have an excellent/mint copy I may be persuaded to sell. Also some other PF vinyl. PM if interested.

Geoff

I'm paul.

pm sent

I'm Slav.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I have an excellent/mint copy I may be persuaded to sell. Also some other PF vinyl. PM if interested.

Geoff
    Hi Geoff
    What other PF records do you have ,I have PM'd you couple days ago

Slav

I'm Roger.

There is an A3/B3 on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162424631376 this 'expert' (post 21) http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...he-moon.96168/ seems to think it's the bees knees. I prefer the A3/B2 myself.

I'm Russell.

I recently bought a remaster, with poster and liner notes, etc. it must be the 40th? I thought it sounded pretty good, I also have the original, and a CD from 20 years later. One thing is certain, they are all different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerp View Post
    There is an A3/B3 on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162424631376 this 'expert' (post 21) http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...he-moon.96168/ seems to think it's the bees knees. I prefer the A3/B2 myself.
    Here is the quote by Steve Hoffman, which the above link takes you to.

"Here is a link to my personal opinion on this subject:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/sh...&postcount=534

To clarify, the best sounding versions are:

- UK "second pressing" (when the label just switched over from all solid-blue triangle to the blue-rimmed triangle) with the dead wax matrix ending A/3 on Side 1 and B/3 on Side 2. I have also seen a blue-rimmed triangle which has a A/3 and B/2 matrix but this also suffers from the same problem on "Money" as the all solid-blue first pressing."

SO.............................

I have an A3/B3 copy which I will sell. 25 pounds including postage.

The vinyl looks flawless and sounds fantastic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12