+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Art Audio VINYL 1 REFERENCE + Line pre-amp

I'm Steven.

Default FS: Art Audio VINYL 1 REFERENCE + Line pre-amp

I had this from new as a "standard" MM + MC phono amp, silver wired, with volume control. I don't need to pontificate how good this phono amp is.

I then had it pimped up, adding:

1. A line input, requiring an additional front panel knob to switch between phono and line
    2. Remote control to the volume
    3. Variable MC gain
    4. An extra ground connection point

1. The line input allowed me to connect my DAC and use this as a passive pre-amp straight into power amps. A really simple and effective solution to avoid needing a separate pre-amp.
    2. Pure laziness
    3. This is an optional feature of the Vinyl 1, as the back panel has a gain knob hole. Most customers choose between 10x and 20x transformers. I had the gain knob put in so that I could balance gain and noise and it has now been bridged with a couple of resistors at the ideal spot, about 15x gain.

All the additional wiring is also silver. The MM/MC selector switch is on the base, but easily accessible. This was to keep the signal path short. (Often put on the back panel, less accessible).

This was almost sold the other week, the guy had his cash and train ticket to collect, then went cold for personal reasons.

£1,800 (which for one of these, is a bargain)

Wilson, Luxman, Innuos, Holo May, Puritan, Garrard

I'm Steven.

Weekend bump

I'm James.

In case anyone is wondering, these have gain to burn, so could act without second thoughts as a pre. If your requirements are a world class phono and. a DAC then I would pay attention.
    No relation to the seller &c,.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazid View Post
    In case anyone is wondering, these have gain to burn, so could act without second thoughts as a pre. If your requirements are a world class phono and. a DAC then I would pay attention.
    No relation to the seller &c,.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Many thanks for that. I used it happily in that configuration for a couple of years. I then moved the AV in with the audio and required additional inputs for satellite and DVD. So much so that I ended up with too many units and bought a Devialet, hence have sold or am selling most of my component audio. For pure two channel analogue and digital based on a stellar phono stage, this is ideal.

I'm Steven.

March bump

I'm Steven.

Deposit taken, so SOLD subject to payment

+ Reply to Thread