+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Technics Pitch Slider

I'm Mick.

Default Technics 1210 Pitch Slider

Just need to know about the pitch slider decals. Are they a replacement part or are they a vinyl transfer. Mine has a few marks and scratches so wanting to change it. The pitch slider is fine and fully working.

I'm Chris.

This looks to be the factory part you need, hopefully you can find it cheaper than this though:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technics-B...-/151080776457

I'm Mick.

So it is just a transfer as standard. Say a few on eBay a little cheaper so will have a look. Cheers for that Chris
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Chris.

You're welcome Mick. Be aware that the cheaper ones may not be the original Technics factory part and quality may vary.
    Looks like KAB still have the originals for $9.95 which should duck customs charges but I don't know how much the shipping will cost:
    http://www.kabusa.com/m1200.htm#pitch

I'm Mick.

Thanks Chris. I think I will go for the original ones. I know prices are highly but at least you know what you are hopefully getting
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    So it is just a transfer as standard. Say a few on eBay a little cheaper so will have a look. Cheers for that Chris
    Its not a transfer Mick - its a metal stick on part. Just taken one off a deck I am refurbing and have ordered the Technics part from BopDJ - did not find it any cheaper elsewhere.

Mel

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Its not a transfer Mick - its a metal stick on part. Just taken one off a deck I am refurbing and have ordered the Technics part from BopDJ - did not find it any cheaper elsewhere.

Mel
    Thanks Mel

Just ordered one but could only find an original silver one. Will see how that looks on a black deck. If it looks wrong I can always remove it as it was only £6 delivered..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm Mel.

Take care when removing the old one as it can be a bit of a pig to get off without damaging the existing paint work around the edges. I suggest you find a thin blade pointed knife and lift one corner to start with. Put a credit card or something similar between the blade and deck when first levering/lifting it - it worked for me. Once one corner is up then used some long nose pliers to peel it off. Its a bit like opening a sardine can and the glue on mine didn't want to let go !.

I'm Robert.

And in all seriousness, careful with that blade.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Thanks Mel

Just ordered one but could only find an original silver one. Will see how that looks on a black deck. If it looks wrong I can always remove it as it was only £6 delivered..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If it doesn't look right Mick, let me know, as I think I still have a new Black Technics one kicking aroundi in a spares box that you can have for £6 delivered.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast