+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big news for us Roon users...

I'm Chris.

I understand that the Squeezebox Touch can be a Roon endpoint - so does this mean that devices that 'emulate' a Touch (such as Squeezelite and Daphile) also be an endpoint for Roon?

I'm Mike.

Apologies for not responding @Bill!
    I cannot say for sure whether Vortexbox and Roon Core could coexist peacefully but i have successfully ran a Roon Bridge on a Vortexbox so i actually played music from Roon at the same time as i was ripping BlueRay films... In other words, i'd wager the odds are with you!

And regarding using Squeeze emulators as endpoints, yes, i belive so, even if i have some difficulties seeing why? The Endpoint is really light software and available for almost any os/hardware?

I'm Bill.

Thanks - it looks like I need to do some research!

Cheers. Bill

I'm Mike.

Yeah you can run a Pi as a Roon endpoint with Bridge. Works great. I also had Spotify Connect running on it at the same time so could switch between both services when needed.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Spot on mate, exactly that.

I know it sounds like your doubling up (at least on paper...) but seperating the 'box that makes noise' from the box that number crunches your music library really makes a helluva improvement.

I used to sweat bullets over this stuff, but I trust the Roon guys.
    They have worked with Meridian for so many years and they really know thier sh*t.

Roon is genuine step change next level stuff in my opinion, and as much a part of the music chain as any dac, valves or fancy cable. (Or expensive fuses )

It all matters.
    Having just experienced Roon, I have to agree with you Gaz it is superb and makes most other systems look dated and a bit prehistoric. Great to use and really does take digital software interface to the next level.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Having just experienced Roon, I have to agree with you Gaz it is superb and makes most other systems look dated and a bit prehistoric. Great to use and really does take digital software interface to the next level.
    Nice one james.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123