+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batpure Supertweeters

I'm James.

Default Batpure Supertweeters

The strange world of being an audiophile has led me to these interesting but strange Supertweeters which I recently purchased from TaketT in Japan. You can read about them here.
    http://www.taket.jp/batpure/batpure.html

I attached them to my speakers in rather a rough fashion just to get an idea what or if they could add anything. They did but in a subtle but very well integrated way. One of the strangest tweeks I have ever come across operating in the 20Khz-150Khz audio band but also helping out across the frequency range. You can't hear them if you just plug them in but working with your speakers they add some acoustic magic. Hard to describe but 'air' and 'space' and a vitality that makes vocals and instruments sound more real and three dimensional.

Weird but worth it for £40
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Brian.

Glad you like them James . Yes it is a bit weird , but who cares , they work
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Interesting Jim,

I have read similarly good things about supersonic tweeters (Townshend and Tannoy), but they have been too expensive for me to try out on a whim. These though look to be inexpensive enough to be worth trying, despite being very small in size.

I assume from their high impedance (4,000 Ohm), one simply connects them across the speaker terminals.
    Barry

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Interesting Jim,

I have read similarly good things about supersonic tweeters (Townshend and Tannoy), but they have been too expensive for me to try out on a whim. These though look to be inexpensive enough to be worth trying, despite being very small in size.

I assume from their high impedance (4,000 Ohm), one simply connects them across the speaker terminals.
    Yes Barry, just connect in parallel with you speakers terminals.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Cheers

Barry
    Barry

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Glad you like them James . Yes it is a bit weird , but who cares , they work
    Yes they certainly do Brian. Very interesting mate.

I'm Kevin.

I am glad to see other people have similar findings.

Steve from Electric Beach suggested I tried these, and I think I posted a thread up somewhere on here about them. It is certainly one of those mods that is hard to explain. It is also worth playing around with the positioning of them. I actually have mine positioned on the top at back of the speaker firing up. This seems to add to the sense of space in the music.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I am glad to see other people have similar findings.

Steve from Electric Beach suggested I tried these, and I think I posted a thread up somewhere on here about them. It is certainly one of those mods that is hard to explain. It is also worth playing around with the positioning of them. I actually have mine positioned on the top at back of the speaker firing up. This seems to add to the sense of space in the music.
    will try that position Kev, also good apparently with second pair 1 foot to the side and behind speaker.

I'm Kevin.

A second pair? Wiring them up in that position will need some consideration to stop it look My messy.
    I may have to try that. I found a French based supplier for these, so it cuts down on the leadtime and risk of customs charges.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    A second pair? Wiring them up in that position will need some consideration to stop it look My messy.
    I may have to try that. I found a French based supplier for these, so it cuts down on the leadtime and risk of customs charges.
    It was suggested to put the second pair on thin poles? Or you could have them on end of something sticking out of the rear wall.

I agree - messy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast