+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTD - Cheap Passive Preamp

I'm Alan.

Default WTD - Cheap Passive Preamp

Looking for a passive preamp to go between a squeezebox touch and Quad 306 in a second system.
    Would prefer a black case, but am interested to see what may be out there.
    Single input / single output would be fine.
    As the amp cost £200, I am only looking to spend a fraction of this for a potentiometer in a box!
    Sony PS-6750 Turntable, Sony CDP-X555ES CD Player, Sansui TU-717 Tuner, Vortexbox Music Server, Caiman SEG DAC with LDA Linear PSU, Squeezebox Touch with LDA Linear PSU, Accuphase E-302 Integrated Amplifier, PMC GB1i Speakers, MG G2000HD & G1500HD Interconnects, Van Damme 6mm Hi-Fi Speaker Cables.

Bedroom system: Squeezebox Touch with LDA Linear PSU, Quad FM4 Tuner, DCB-1 Turbo with Acoustic Dimensions switched attenuator, Quad 306 Amplifier, Rega RS1 Speakers. TV & DVD, Caiman MKII DAC with Baldwin Audio Linear PSU. MG G1500HD Interconnects, Fisual S-Flex 4mm Speaker Cables.

Back Bedroom Work Bench: Denon TU-260L Mk2 Tuner, Denon PMA-355UK Amplifier, Mission 780SE Speakers.

I'm Peter.

Try search/find a used Promitheus Audio TVC passive pre-amp. I bought one recently for £210, sounds marvellous.

Regards;
    Peter
    Peter McCullough Photography
    ------------------------------------------
    TRAVEL - EXPLORE - CAPTURE

I'm Phil.

did paul coupe of rfc on here ever sell that little passive he was selling . might be worth asking
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Alan.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mshow-Volu...4shYBbty...rca and balanced too

bte design for approx £70.00

creek do a wee remote control jobby for around £125.00

tisbury for about the same price as the creek..but no remote

NVA approx £100.00

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IMG-Stage-...AAAOSwnHZYiMxy
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Dave.

I've got a Tisbury Audio passive preamplifier going spare.

Check out the review here :
    http://hifipig.com/tisbury-audio-min...-preamplifier/

Drop us a PM if interested
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Wilmslow Audio Gemini speakers with external crossovers | DCB1 -> Neurochrome 86 Monos | Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 -> Denafrips Pontus II | Roon Server/ HQPlayer | Spotfire interconnects / speaker cable

I'm Brook.

Not strictly a passive I know, but I have a Bottlehead Quickie with brand new set of 6 rechargeable batteries, new charger & a box of 10 D9 batteries I could do for £125 including delivery if it is of interest?

I'm Alan.

Thank you to everyone who responded with suggestions and offers, both in this thread and via PM.
    I have purchased the Tisbury Audio Passive Preamplifier from Dave (Emmings) and look forward to receiving it.

Cheers
    Alan.
    Sony PS-6750 Turntable, Sony CDP-X555ES CD Player, Sansui TU-717 Tuner, Vortexbox Music Server, Caiman SEG DAC with LDA Linear PSU, Squeezebox Touch with LDA Linear PSU, Accuphase E-302 Integrated Amplifier, PMC GB1i Speakers, MG G2000HD & G1500HD Interconnects, Van Damme 6mm Hi-Fi Speaker Cables.

Bedroom system: Squeezebox Touch with LDA Linear PSU, Quad FM4 Tuner, DCB-1 Turbo with Acoustic Dimensions switched attenuator, Quad 306 Amplifier, Rega RS1 Speakers. TV & DVD, Caiman MKII DAC with Baldwin Audio Linear PSU. MG G1500HD Interconnects, Fisual S-Flex 4mm Speaker Cables.

Back Bedroom Work Bench: Denon TU-260L Mk2 Tuner, Denon PMA-355UK Amplifier, Mission 780SE Speakers.

+ Reply to Thread