Thread: Hi fi near a radiator?

I'm Martin.

Title reminds me of the Smiths

'Hi-fi near a radiator, I know
    I know, it's serious
    Hi-fi near a radiator, I know
    I know, it's really serious'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alex.

Thank you all. The little stained glass windows are a nice feature. I'll put a couple of better pictures up of them tomorrow if interested... there's a large stained glass window half way up the stairs which looks stunning. We're really happy, can't quite believe it's our house.

Benson is very frequently the coldest place in England, it's bizarre, like it has its own little climate.

This house is in Worsley though so unfortunately it's a weekend only house for the next two and a half years until I leave the RAF. Unless I'm extremely lucky and bag a posting at Manchester careers office; a job which doesn't really interest me but one which will allow me to live in my beautiful home.

I'm Peter.

My Hi-Fi rack sits very close to a radiator, I simply turn it right off, problem solved.
    Peter McCullough Photography
    ------------------------------------------
    TRAVEL - EXPLORE - CAPTURE

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alcarmichael View Post
    This house is in Worsley though...
    That's just down the road from me!

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by alcarmichael View Post
    Thank you all. The little stained glass windows are a nice feature. I'll put a couple of better pictures up of them tomorrow if interested... there's a large stained glass window half way up the stairs which looks stunning. We're really happy, can't quite believe it's our house.

Benson is very frequently the coldest place in England, it's bizarre, like it has its own little climate.

This house is in Worsley though so unfortunately it's a weekend only house for the next two and a half years until I leave the RAF. Unless I'm extremely lucky and bag a posting at Manchester careers office; a job which doesn't really interest me but one which will allow me to live in my beautiful home.
    ah great stuff . stained glass is so beautiful . we kept a lot of ours in situ instead of d/g . friend of ours commutes from midlands weekly to cornwall in raf . long journey!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm bob.

I think it looks great by the window and you can sit listening to music and looking at your lovely garden at the same time. Congratulations it looks like a lovely house, may you have many years of happiness there.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    I think it looks great by the window and you can sit listening to music and looking at your lovely garden at the same time. Congratulations it looks like a lovely house, may you have many years of happiness there.

I agree, but the gear by the fireplace looked too cramped/wrong. Could the hi-fi rack go the otherside of the bay window maybe?

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    I agree, but the gear by the fireplace looked too cramped/wrong. Could the hi-fi rack go the otherside of the bay window maybe?
    It can go wherever you want! I'd say get a new rack that fits wherever you finally decide that you want to place it. Don't discount getting longer speaker wires either... I also think that "cramped by the fire in the unfurnished house" says beautifully "we just moved in and nothing is decided yet"

Those windows are beautiful though.

I'm Alex.

Thank you all for the nice comments once more. I did like the speakers either side of the window which as mentioned allows me to look upon the garden, however, I found that the floor slopes at the right hand side of the window meaning my speaker stands wonky! I also thought that having them by the window would mean my speakers will suffer from sun bleaching.

Another reason is I intend to have a projector screen on the wall opposite the window. This location will allow me to use my stereo speakers as FR and FL in a surround sound set up.

I'm Alex.

A few more pictures for those who may be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast