+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repairing a Vinyl Record

I'm Russell.

I thought UB40 was a new wave rock band?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

Anyone remember the old valve radiograms.. if you left the record on platter for too long the heat from valves underneath warped record.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid you're telling your age!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Dimitris.

Lol... the feeling when you try to play smart and prove yourself more stupid than a cabbage...

I meant WD40
    Sources: Modified SL1200 MK2, Salas folded RIAA, Phonoclone, VSPS, Shelter 501 MK2, Modified Pioneer P6D6 as transport, Shigaclone transport, Peter Daniel NOS DAC.
    Amplification: Custom 211 Monoblocks, Electrocompaniet AW120, Audio Research VS110, Gainclone
    Loudspeakers: Tannoy Turnberry, PBN Montana EP Signature
    Cables/stands: Tempflex ribbon and Twinax cables
    Other: Promitheus Signature Passive Attenuator, Custom JFET - transformer preamp.

I'm Andy.

Sandpaper and a needle! nuh what you need is a hammer and chisel!
    Main system: Technics 1210 MkII,10.3 inch The Wand arm, Denon103R, Project Phono Box DS, Oppo 105D, Perreaux SM5 pre, Modded Perreaux 3400 Power amps biamping B&W Nautilus 801s.

I'm Dimitris.

Not just any hammer and chisel. A high end audio, cryo treated, silver over copper set
    Sources: Modified SL1200 MK2, Salas folded RIAA, Phonoclone, VSPS, Shelter 501 MK2, Modified Pioneer P6D6 as transport, Shigaclone transport, Peter Daniel NOS DAC.
    Amplification: Custom 211 Monoblocks, Electrocompaniet AW120, Audio Research VS110, Gainclone
    Loudspeakers: Tannoy Turnberry, PBN Montana EP Signature
    Cables/stands: Tempflex ribbon and Twinax cables
    Other: Promitheus Signature Passive Attenuator, Custom JFET - transformer preamp.

I'm Robert.

Your beloved vinyl record, sandpaper ........ feel free, be my guest - count me out

I'm Mike.

I think he must have got mixed up with how to remove scratches from CD's, i've seen people use very fine grit wet and dry, then polish with brasso or other metal polish, but on vinyl with any abrasive paper you're heading for disaster.

I've bought some real crap vinyl off of eBay, unplayable due to dirt, scratches or both and if after a good clean it still hurts your ears to listen to, then i would use a piece of dry magic sponge, tear a piece in half and use the rough torn section on the vinyl, these sponges are incredibly abrasive but as a last ditch fix it or bin it, then it's worth a go, be gentle though don't go scrubbing like you're trying to remove crayon, just put the record on your deck, get it up to speed and gently apply the sponge to the surface simples.
    Last edited by Jac Hawk; 30-01-2017 at 19:47.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12