+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: Mission 780SE speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Are they sold?
    Not as yet but there is an interested party who's is trying to arrange a time to collect.

I'll give him untill 12:00 to respond.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigman80; 25-01-2017 at 00:23.

Bigman80 Guest

Hi all,

Thanks for the interest. The speaker's are on hold for someone for 24 hours. I also have someone with first refusal if the original enquirer falls through.

If you're interested in the speaker's pls drop me a message and I'll put you in the queue lol

Thanks

Oliver.

I'm Paul.

Great little speakers, if I were on the look out I would snap them up. But as I'm not have a free bump on me.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pjdowns View Post
    Great little speakers, if I were on the look out I would snap them up. But as I'm not have a free bump on me.
    Thanks !!

Bigman80 Guest

Speakers are now sold subject to the usual.

Thanks everyone

Bigman80 Guest

Speakers paid for and collected. Thanks to Ian for the sale.

I'm Geoff.

Well they didn't stay with you all that long Oliver .

I bet you're looking at other speakers already, even though you've just got some nice Ruarks.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Well they didn't stay with you all that long Oliver .

I bet you're looking at other speakers already, even though you've just got some nice Ruarks.
    No Geoff, they sold within 20mins of me putting the ad up !!! Had another hour with them today before they went and they really are great speakers.

The Ruarks are going to be difficult to dislodge. What a great sound d they make. It's big, spacious, and thumping. Lots of bass extension but the best thing is, they are very atmospheric. The missions were so focused they lacked a bit of emotion to me. The ruarks have all the same qualities but really give out a sense of feeling. They are excellent.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Speakers paid for and collected. Thanks to Ian for the sale.

Just spoken to Andrew, he's very happy with the Missions and said to pass on his compliments.

He said you are a rather talented guitarist, I did notice the axes in the photo. I played bass in a few bands over the years, did some radio and TV work plus a lot of recording.....I've still got a couple of basses but bitterly regret selling my Rickenbacker, never found anything that felt the same, oh well.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    Just spoken to Andrew, he's very happy with the Missions and said to pass on his compliments.

He said you are a rather talented guitarist, I did notice the axes in the photo. I played bass in a few bands over the years, did some radio and TV work plus a lot of recording.....I've still got a couple of basses but bitterly regret selling my Rickenbacker, never found anything that felt the same, oh well.
    I'm really pleased he's happy. He's a thoroughly nice guy !

Yes I've been playing for 20 years so if I'm no good by now I should give up lol.

I had a Tokai rickenbacker copy years back. Only guitar I've ever regretted selling. It was an original Japanese hand crafted one before Tokai went to manufacturing techniques. I paid £200. Sold it for £250 to a mate who traded it in for £1400 !!!!

Live and learn.

I've done a few singles with a band and we were signed briefly but never got anywhere. Still, had a great time lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12