+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice please...?

I'm Shaun.

Default Advice please...?

Simple, a new Graham Slee Era Gold V or a Dynavector DV10X...?

I'm bob.

What would they be replacing?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm Charlie.

If you already have a Benz Micro - get the GS phono stage

I'm Shaun.

Thanks for the response you guys.

They would be replacing a Project phonobox DS and although it is a Benz Micro, it is only the cheapie Silver high output.

I'm Shaun.

I could stretch to a Reflex M but that may be a bit of an overkill in my system

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Simple, a new Graham Slee Era Gold V or a Dynavector DV10X...?
    An Arkless 640P will easily beat the Graham Slee and for around half the price.... Check out reviews if you doubt it....
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Have you seen the price of the 10XV now? £500!!! It's way too expensive and sonics haven't got better - it used to compete with the DL110 in quality and price back in the day. Just sayin...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Have you seen the price of the 10XV now? £500!!! It's way too expensive and sonics haven't got better - it used to compete with the DL110 in quality and price back in the day. Just sayin...
    Denon should be commended for their approach to pricing cartridges. I know they're a big company, which helps, but in today's money their carts are not much different to how they were decades ago, inflation accounted for.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Yes David I had noticed. There is no way I am paying 500 quid for something that was 375 a month or so back. I will not support such profit making. Looks as though it could be the Slee after all. So, Era Gold V or Reflex M...?

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Denon should be commended for their approach to pricing cartridges. I know they're a big company, which helps, but in today's money their carts are not much different to how they were decades ago, inflation accounted for.
    I really couldn't agree more. Price hike should equal quality hike, if it doesn't then it is just profiteering.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast