+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vincent SP 991 Plus Class A monoblocks

I'm Adrian.

I've read good things about certain models and not so good for others. Won't they let you have them on home dem?

Adey

In perpetual pursuit.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Peter.

Yes, I believe I could have a home dem on these...... they do look quite large in size tho. We're off on holiday this weekend so will give it some thought.
    Peter McCullough Photography
    ------------------------------------------
    TRAVEL - EXPLORE - CAPTURE

I'm Neil.

Had the pleasure (not) of hearing Vincent gear when Sounds of Music were the distributor back in 2006, wasn't massively impressed with the only valve amp I saw and heard which looked like a small scale UK sourced valve amp brand that used to advertise in UK HiFi mags (can't recall the name) - which it probably was. Brand based in Germany selling Chinese identi-kit electronics as many were back then. I am afraid that swapping a few components and changing the name doesn't change the fact that much of this type of stuff was not much different to the Chinese kit it resembled and in reality still was.

I heard some higher end Vincent called TAC that looked nice and sounded ok, but subsequently saw similar gear under another brand name so felt confused to exactly what it was and where it was coming from. Its almost like, some companies were picking kit out of Chinese catalogues in order to create products for their brand name, instead of developing their own kit from scratch.

UK distribution of Vincent/TAC changed, the replacement distributor lost it after about a year, Ruark took it on briefly, then Missing Link took it on. Frankly even if it sounds good selling it on, if you don't like it, will be hard. Brand has little visibility in the UK market and its credibility isn't great.
    Regards Neil

I'm Dave.

Sums it up well.

As a retailer I need to make sure that products not only sound good but should be well built, reliable, sensible, come from a good company with great backup. So many products don't tick all these boxes and disappear from the market. These will be very difficult to move on when the time comes or have to be sold at derisory prices.

I'm Andrew.

Not a fan of Alfa Romeo then Dave?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    I know nothing at all about cars except how to turn them on.

A friend did own a couple of Alfas and was very enthusiastic for a short while but they were very unreliable and a low speed shunt on the M25 in stationary traffic put him off for ever.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    These will be very difficult to move on when the time comes or have to be sold at derisory prices.
    I'll be happy to have them for a derisory price when you sell them on, Peter.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Had the pleasure (not) of hearing Vincent gear when Sounds of Music were the distributor back in 2006, wasn't massively impressed with the only valve amp I saw and heard which looked like a small scale UK sourced valve amp brand that used to advertise in UK HiFi mags (can't recall the name) - which it probably was. Brand based in Germany selling Chinese identi-kit electronics as many were back then. I am afraid that swapping a few components and changing the name doesn't change the fact that much of this type of stuff was not much different to the Chinese kit it resembled and in reality still was.

I heard some higher end Vincent called TAC that looked nice and sounded ok, but subsequently saw similar gear under another brand name so felt confused to exactly what it was and where it was coming from. Its almost like, some companies were picking kit out of Chinese catalogues in order to create products for their brand name, instead of developing their own kit from scratch.

UK distribution of Vincent/TAC changed, the replacement distributor lost it after about a year, Ruark took it on briefly, then Missing Link took it on. Frankly even if it sounds good selling it on, if you don't like it, will be hard. Brand has little visibility in the UK market and its credibility isn't great.
    Indeed; if you buy stuff from companies like that you either have to keep it or buy it cheap enough that it doesnt matter. Chinese gear if selected right ticks the right boxes. This latest dac/headphone amp for price is amazing. Hard to understand how they do it tbh. That amp Jerry bought is same, and the dac pre that Paul bought too, all tick the boxes.
    If your spending real money then make it something that will sell on without losing much
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Phil.

yes in the old days you could box swap for for hearts content ....not any more .
    I noticed a lovely good vfm Vincent integrated been up for sale for months with no sale but it does look good .
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast