+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wtd: power amp or mono-blocks

I'm Peter.

Default wtd: power amp or mono-blocks

On the search for either a stereo power amplifier or mono-block power-amps, prefer solid state but don't mind being offered valves etc. Anything older would be great, something like; John Shearne - Nad - Michell Alecto's - Luxman. I'm open to offers.....!! Something quite low powered would probably NOT suit my 88db efficient speakers. Amplifier condition not that important, but must be fully working.
    Budget of around £450 ish, possibly more for something tasty/iconic. I'm in no rush to buy, must be able to post, or even better meet-up within 50 miles of Central Scotland (Stirling) would suit better!

Presently using;
    A&R Arcam Alpha integrated amplifier - Audioplan Kontrast MkII floor standing speakers - 88db efficient, Acoustic Signature Challenger TT/SME V tonearm/Len Gregory MM3 moving iron cart/Kinshaw perception MM/MC phono-stage - Promitheus Audio TVC passive pre-amp
    I enjoy my music with a wide soundstage with detailed highs with dynamics and a tad punchy.

So please explore your lofts and blow the dust off any power-amp/s you may have lying doing nothing - thank you.

Regards;
    Peter
    Central Scotland
    Peter McCullough Photography
    ------------------------------------------
    TRAVEL - EXPLORE - CAPTURE

I'm Paul.

Hi Peter
    Ive a pair of Rotel power amps,bridgeable,with matching pre if any use?
    Fully working,nice condition,can post......
    Paul.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Hi Peter
    Ive a pair of Rotel power amps,bridgeable,with matching pre if any use?
    Fully working,nice condition,can post......
    Thanks Paul. What model are the Rotel power amps please? A pre-amp is not required thanks. I'm soon to be borrowing a Rotel Michi RHB-10 power-amp from a hi-fi friend in the near future on loan to see if it gels with my system.

Cheers;
    Peter
    Peter McCullough Photography
    ------------------------------------------
    TRAVEL - EXPLORE - CAPTURE

I'm Rich.

I have a Linn LK140, in perfect working order but cosmetically it's not A1.

£275 posted.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by macvisual View Post
    On the search for either a stereo power amplifier or mono-block power-amps, prefer solid state but don't mind being offered valves etc. Anything older would be great, something like; John Shearne - Nad - Michell Alecto's - Luxman. I'm open to offers.....!! Something quite low powered would probably NOT suit my 88db efficient speakers. Amplifier condition not that important, but must be fully working.
    Budget of around £450 ish, possibly more for something tasty/iconic. I'm in no rush to buy, must be able to post, or even better meet-up within 50 miles of Central Scotland (Stirling) would suit better!

Presently using;
    A&R Arcam Alpha integrated amplifier - Audioplan Kontrast MkII floor standing speakers - 88db efficient, Acoustic Signature Challenger TT/SME V tonearm/Len Gregory MM3 moving iron cart/Kinshaw perception MM/MC phono-stage - Promitheus Audio TVC passive pre-amp
    I enjoy my music with a wide soundstage with detailed highs with dynamics and a tad punchy.

So please explore your lofts and blow the dust off any power-amp/s you may have lying doing nothing - thank you.

Regards;
    Peter
    Central Scotland
    I've a quad 306 on here, recently serviced by Jez arkless £200 delivered edit, sold
    Last edited by Pieoftheday; 25-01-2017 at 07:30.
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by macvisual View Post
    Thanks Paul. What model are the Rotel power amps please? A pre-amp is not required thanks. I'm soon to be borrowing a Rotel Michi RHB-10 power-amp from a hi-fi friend in the near future on loan to see if it gels with my system.

Cheers;
    Peter
    I lusted after that one for a long time in the 90s. The matching pre was passive IIRC. Let us know what you think of it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Paul.

Hi Peter
    RB850,sorry about the late reply,13hr nightshifts suck!!
    Paul.

I'm gone.

I have an AMC 2100 power amp spare.

100wpc and with very serious current delivery (32 amps iirc).

It looks like a budget NAD. It sounds like a Krell. If you want warm & cosy, look elsewhere.

£175 plus delivery. And it will take me a week or so to get hold of it!

The 1st review here pretty much nails it - http://www.audioreview.com/cat/ampli...5_1583crx.aspx

I'm Ian.

Hi Peter,
    I have a pair of Graham Slee Proprius monoblocks that might suit you. Rated at 25w, I use them with a pair of Neat Motice SX2, 86db. They drive them easily to high levels in my 22 X 14ft room. New they are nearly £1300 a pair but I can do them for £700.

Regards, Ian
    Last edited by ianlenco; 26-01-2017 at 16:39.

I'm terry.

Default quad 99

I have a pair of quad 99 monoblocks i was just going to list on the bay, good working order and cosmetic condition,with boxes and power leads
    £475 plus PP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast