Quote Originally Posted by vinyl View Post
Thanks for sharing, I have concluded the same. Your experience on eBay is sadly common where folk are taking advantage of the protection afforded by PayPal.

There are some specific tubes I've been searching for a number of years - and I've only seen on eBay USA, perhaps you can help?

In regards to prices some tubes fetch, I and I'm sure most here feel it's incongruous to what we do, there were some UK dealers now long retired who didn't subscribe to this, I spoke with them personally and it was refreshing to hear that these are merely components in a circuit and nothing more. But those guys are long gone and so are those views.
If you need something, I'm happy to look. I have more than I'll ever use, and know several other local people who do as well.

For the most part I think tubes are tubes as long as you're using quality ones. Some of the ones they sell as rare are just common tubes with another manufacturer's name printed on them. There are some tubes that are worth the premium. They are just part of a circuit, but sometimes the perfect circuit doesn't make the best sound. Some are more durable.