+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: A brace of Philips CD104 - SPARES / REPAIRS

I'm Geoff.

Default FS: A brace of Philips CD104 - SPARES / REPAIRS

More from the garage. These have been sat in there for several years and this evening was the first time I've ever plugged them in!
    I've done my best to describe them fairly below but for clarity, they are for SPARES AND REPAIRS ONLY.

The one the left looks like an earlier one (metallic grey casework) and the one on the right is (I think) later with black casework.

The black one basically works other than the drawer needs a little shove to help it close (opens on it's own with no problem). The buttons were slightly reluctant to start with but are getting better now. Display is good and it seems to play without distortion - not bad actually. You can tap it when playing and it doesn't skip.
    Cosmetically a bit scruffy with numerous scratches on top. Fascia isn't bad though.

The news isn't as good with the grey one. It initially powers up and I managed to load a disc (no drawer issues on this one), but then it seems to die. If you press the 'Stop' button, it comes back to life briefly - enough to retrieve your CD. I did get it to spin up once but not since.
    Again - cosmetically scruffy but no proper damage

Let's try for £50 for the pair, or I'll swap for bits of turntables.
    They'll need to be collected from just outside Bicester unless you let me know before 7am tomorrow, in which case I can drop them off anywhere between there and Lincoln.

I'm Grant.

could get a nice player out of that.. maybe 2.... well worth the getting
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Sorely tempted but I would be buying to profit not own. Sort the mechanical side and nos them and off they go. Shame as I'm within the scope of that journey too.

I'm Grant.

dont see a problem when its spares repairs.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    Sorely tempted but I would be buying to profit not own. Sort the mechanical side and nos them and off they go. Shame as I'm within the scope of that journey too.
    It doesn't bother me what you do with them. If you can turn a profit then good luck to you.

I'm Geoff.

Bump

I'm Geoff.

Any interest?

I'm Joe.

Default Philips CD104s

Geoff,

Can I have these, if they are not already spoken for.
    I can pick up on weekends only.

Regards.
    Joe

I'm Geoff.

Hi Joe,
    Yes, that's fine. We're about this coming weekend.

I'm Nodrog.

A Dutch friend gave me one of these a short while ago as he was going back to Holland and had decided to ditch his CDs for streaming - silly man but ta!.

It has slowly wormed its way into my affections. It seemed a fraction dull to start with, compared with my usual Pioneer stable platter machine, but I find I now go the the 104 as a first choice. It has a way of presenting the music that is totally enjoyable and makes you forget the Hi-fi. If only CDPs had continued like this instead of the cheap production engineering that happened once they were established.

Excellent value at that price for two, I hope you enjoy them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast