+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nagaoka and analogue studio glass mat

I'm Mick.

Apologies it is 6mm not 3mm. Good call but not sure if it will strain the motor as I have been using it like this for a while. The only problem I find with out the weight it's hard to clean the record as it slips on the glass with out it.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Apologies it is 6mm not 3mm. Good call but not sure if it will strain the motor as I have been using it like this for a while. The only problem I find with out the weight it's hard to clean the record as it slips on the glass with out it.
    The motor won't even break a sweat its got bags of torque for lots of extra weight.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Con.

Thanks Guys will be ordering the mat in the next few days. CHEERS.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    The motor won't even break a sweat its got bags of torque for lots of extra weight.
    As this baby will attest to
    http://giphy.com/gifs/turntable-kGXFhyYbaHIe4

I'm Con.

Love your work mate.

I'm Mel.

On the point of the lip on the platter - I have cut a lovely round circle of leather from a carefully selected new wash leather (consistent thickness and smoothly dressed). It's just thick enough to raise a larger solid platter mat above the lip and leather is often thought to make a good platter mat. It works very nicely in combination with my Funk Firm Acromat and I also use a spare Michell clamp to good effect.

Mel

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    I believe the slippy nature of glass is why Rega put a thin felt mat on their glass platters.

Mel

I'm Andrew.

I tried numerous mats under the crystal mat and came to the conclusion that they took away a lot of microdetail when used in combo with the crystal mat. These mats work best with metal. Why do think microseiki and other Japanese companies used glass and metal in the first place?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Con.

Default Analogue studio glass mat.

Hi guys just received my glass mat and got 15min to try it out . 1st thing is that It came excellently packed well done to them. Now sound wise ,I should mention that I am using the stock platter and has the DYNAMAT EXTREME modification . My fist impression is very positive ,the sound got clearer which brought out more micro detail,basically every thing was more detailed with more realism,my only nitpicking is the bass was oh so slight boomier than the rubber mat but at the same time still tight. I am quite pleased with it as it is definitely an upgrade from the stock 3mm rubber mat, l recommend this glass mat without hesitation,great upgrade.

I'm Mick.

Default Nagaoka and analogue studio glass mat

Quote Originally Posted by Maouna View Post
    Hi guys just received my glass mat and got 15min to try it out . 1st thing is that It came excellently packed well done to them. Now sound wise ,I should mention that I am using the stock platter and has the DYNAMAT EXTREME modification . My fist impression is very positive ,the sound got clearer which brought out more micro detail,basically every thing was more detailed with more realism,my only nitpicking is the bass was oh so slight boomier than the rubber mat but at the same time still tight. I am quite pleased with it as it is definitely an upgrade from the stock 3mm rubber mat, l recommend this glass mat without hesitation,great upgrade.
    Glad it all worked out. I notice a lot more detail in instruments during acoustic music with the glass mat. To get around the boomer bass try lifting the VTA slightly. If you are using the stock arm it's a doddle.
    Last edited by Dubster68; 09-02-2017 at 12:42.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12