+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from a forum virgin

I'm Andy.

Default Hello from a forum virgin

Andy from NewZealand here. I have to admit I don't generally "do" forums but this'n looks like a goody!
    I have just returned from a fantastic weekend away in Queenstown NZ taking in a very cool concert featuring Bonnie Tyler, Alan Parsons and Icehouse. Odd line up perhaps, but the Artists promoters and production crew did an amazing job.... and boy we were treated to some great live sound.
    In fact it made me reflect on what the Hi Fi interest means to me. Striving for great sound at home, and having fun.
    To that end in my current listening room set up consists of Technics 1210 modded ,The Wand 10.3 inch Arm ,Project phono DS, Oppo 105D, Perreaux SM5 pre, and 2x modded Perreaux 3400s ( mosfet power amps ) bi-amping B&W Nautilus 801s. I use mostly Kimber
    I have vintage gear that rotates through the room as and when the mood takes me.
    I hope to meet like minded people with good ideas for modding and tweaking.

I'm Martin.

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum

Great system you have there, looks like it is properly sorted. Hope you enjoy it here.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

HI Andy, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum. Icehouse ,have not heard them for years. I will dig some of their stuff out and give it a play today. thanks for the remind.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Brian.

Morning Andy , welcome to AOS from me . Sounds like an excellent system you have there .

Any chance of a couple of photos . We love to have photos of peoples systems to look at on AOS
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Geoff.

Hi Andy. Welcome to AOS.

Useful selection of equipment you have there. The Perreaux gear is nice quality.

Have a look around the site, you'll find plenty going on. And feel free to join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andy.

Sure will! as soon as I get my computer illiterate brain around the task!

+ Reply to Thread