+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paradise phon stage - your oppinion

I'm Slav.

Default Paradise phon stage - your oppinion

Hi
    Looking for some feedback on Paradise phono stage (Diyaudio) ,
    First of all anyone in Essex with one so I could hear it myself ?
    Owners, please share your findings , what did you compare it with , most of all I'm interested in Paradise vs. MM/Sut comparisons .
    Many thanks
    Slav

I'm martin.

Default Paradise phono stage

I've had a Paradise phono stage made for me by Simon Clark, I've owned it for 18 months. I've had several phono stages prior to that from the "K" boards in my 32.5 to Graham Slee Fanfare and finally the Whest Audio 30 R.

The 30R was a good phono stage quiet in operation very detailed but I found very cold in reproduction. When I got the Paradise Simon had already made about a dozen before and had finally settled on components especially transformers for the power supplies. My unit was no 14 which I received from him in June 2015. Simon's built quality is superb, the draw back you'll have at the moment is that the printed circuit boards are in short supply plus the Naim shoe boxes he was using are no longer available. Having said that I think Mark was talking about making the boxes in acrylic so theirs a possibility.

Regarding the Paradise you can only use MC and Simon sent me several values of resistors to play with. The only stumbling block is that it is completely mono so you end up with 4 Naim shoe boxes a la 110.

The plus side is the unit is completely silent it's such a beautiful piece of kit. The separation of instruments and the detail that it retrieves is phenomenal. Vocals are just so right you think the band is sitting in front of you.

Incidentally I think the last price I read for the Paradise from Simon was circa £1500.

I live in the Bexleyheath area near Welling if you would like to hear one you are welcome.

Regards,

Martin

I'm Martin.

Not an owner but have heard one and it was exceptionally good.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Slav.

Quote Originally Posted by martinjohn308 View Post
    I've had a Paradise phono stage made for me by Simon Clark, I've owned it for 18 months. I've had several phono stages prior to that from the "K" boards in my 32.5 to Graham Slee Fanfare and finally the Whest Audio 30 R.

The 30R was a good phono stage quiet in operation very detailed but I found very cold in reproduction. When I got the Paradise Simon had already made about a dozen before and had finally settled on components especially transformers for the power supplies. My unit was no 14 which I received from him in June 2015. Simon's built quality is superb, the draw back you'll have at the moment is that the printed circuit boards are in short supply plus the Naim shoe boxes he was using are no longer available. Having said that I think Mark was talking about making the boxes in acrylic so theirs a possibility.

Regarding the Paradise you can only use MC and Simon sent me several values of resistors to play with. The only stumbling block is that it is completely mono so you end up with 4 Naim shoe boxes a la 110.

The plus side is the unit is completely silent it's such a beautiful piece of kit. The separation of instruments and the detail that it retrieves is phenomenal. Vocals are just so right you think the band is sitting in front of you.

Incidentally I think the last price I read for the Paradise from Simon was circa £1500.

I live in the Bexleyheath area near Welling if you would like to hear one you are welcome.

Regards,

Martin
    Hi Martin
    Thanks for your post ,
    I'm working away next week (N Ireland) once I'm back I'll PM you , maybe one Saturday I could pop in with my Whest Two if you have bit of time.
    I can get populated boards , assembled by Simon , I also posted wanted add and contacted Joachim from Diyaudio so fingers crossed .TBH I would rather complete whole thing myself , I fancy bit of soldering/measuring/tweaking
    What cartridge/loading do you use with Paradise , I would make some loading plugs for my Whest to make fair comparison .
    regards
    Slav

I'm Slav.

Anyone compared Paradise against MMstage+SUT ,
    I'm trying to decide if I should go for SUT or replace Whest with Paradise ,
    certainly Paradise limits future options as is MC only , I do have few spare MM carts in case something bad happens to my Zyx cartridge, on the other hand my MA2275 has built-in phono which isn't that bad .

I'm Andrew.

Best phonostage by a country mile. Whips the Whest stuff into the ground. I've a 4 box verion which hasn't been updated in a year so it's a little behind the times but Simon's build quality is seriously good and the component matching is nothing short of OCD (sorry Simon). I've got some silly expensive bits in mine but then they provide very fine tolerances but it's this attention to detail which sets it apart from kit costing much much more. I really should get mine booked in again for an upgrade.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm martin.

Hi Slav,

I use 220 ohms loading they're the expensive ones from Hi fi components the Z foil type.

Regards,

Martin

I'm Slav.

Quote Originally Posted by martinjohn308 View Post
    Hi Slav,

I use 220 ohms loading they're the expensive ones from Hi fi components the Z foil type.

Regards,

Martin
    This ones?
    http://www.hificollective.co.uk/comp...resistors.html

I'm martin.

Default Paradise phono stage

Yes,

Regards,

Martin

+ Reply to Thread