+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heybrook Point Five Speakers

I'm Dan.

Default Heybrook Point Five Speakers

Hi,

Due to the fact of selling my Primas at the end of last year i have been missed them terribly so was looking on that well known selling site i came across the Heybrook Point 5 Speakers for a very cheap price within 20 mins of the ad going live so i had to have them went and collected after the guy called me he was local & has more stuff in the loft could be interesting - they tested and working these are a non ported design quite heavy a bulky they also look superb in the collection they go

Just running them with a test amplifier all is well currently and sounds very good indeed these will be here for a good while -

Not sure of the year production mid 90's?

Peace - Please excuse the Man Cave mess
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dantheman91; 21-01-2017 at 18:11.
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Steve.

All looks surprisingly familiar...

I have some Mordaunt Short MS15 which has become a project. Elac 6" bass and mylar dome tweeter, audax style.

The MS15 is just too small a box for any good bass, IMO. About 10L. Yours looks better.

There wasn't much to the crossover. Initially I just tried a better capacitor from the original old NP electrolytic.

Then the project grew. But there wasn't room for the tweeter I really wanted to use, and I never fixed the lack of bass. But I wanted to try a 6" speaker, it's the hardest one in the repertoire.

Mordaunt_Short_MS15_Loudspeaker.jpg Work in progress. Little MS15..jpg MS15_Final.jpg

I'm Michael.

… got some point fives together with a NAD 7020 some ten years ago.
    Compared to my beloved Monitor Audio Sevens they sound a little bit "sweet" or "soft".
    Very nice speakers and keepers!

Michael

+ Reply to Thread