+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sorry to Brian2957

I'm Gary.

Default Sorry to Brian2957

Sorry and thanks for the steer on Klotz MC5000 cable, pinched his knowledge.

Used some of this cable to make myself some interconnects, had some KLEI Copper Harmony plugs lying around and used these. ( there is a real similarity in design between these and the MC ones, different materials, and cost )

Really pleased with the outcome.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I'm Russell.

Good looking cables! Good job on the ends, you'll have to tell us how they sound?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Brian.

The construction of these cables is common knowledge on AOS Gary , so no need to apologize to me mate .

Glad you like the cables and nice job too
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Good looking cables! Good job on the ends, you'll have to tell us how they sound?

I really, REALLY think you should try these, Brian makes them. I am using these from my phono pre amp to integrated amp, I could bore you with superlative's, but I won't. Get some. I don't know what Brian charges its irrelevant.

Now going to make another set for my DAC to amp.

I'm Russell.

It would be easier to tell me what they are made of, and I could just make my own. I've made several cables, including power cables, and not long ago I bought some 3m pair of Truthlinks and cut them in half. Making two pair, using their same style of locking RCA's, they are some of the better sounding cables I have now. My whole rig is cabled with Harmonic Technologies cables. But I don't mind keeping my ears open!

I'm Russell.

My mistake! I see what he used at the beginning of the thread

I'm Russell.

Finally got around to making up a pair! I had the Klotz wire and KLEI connectors for a few weeks. But had to wait for the woven covering from China. It's certainly not necessary, but it does make a nice looking job.

And they are nice cables! Great bang for the buck! Nice smooth midrange and top end is clean. They aren't quite up to the level of my Harmonic Technologies Precision Links, but come surprisingly close. I moved them around and checked them out, and after a day or two of breaking in, I settled on using them behind my Magnum Dynalab tuner. It really brings out the realism of the midrange. Thanks for the recommendation Gary, well worth the effort.

+ Reply to Thread